The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this? I have a problem where my 635D repeats material under the center draper belt and spits it back out the front again. You can't see that it's happening until you turn around to see a row of cut crop left behind. It also has jammed completely a few times when it gets really bad. I have a theorie it may have something to do with the feed drum now being tapered at the edges rather than the same diameter right through like the 936D as it seems to be on the edges where it repeats. I'm having this problem in barley and it is worse when taking more straw. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I've had the same problem with a 630D, bad sesign having the drum protruding out into the material flow. I think there should be deflectors to guide the grain past the tapered ends of the drum. I find it is worse when feeding more material from one side.

MS

·
Registered
25 Posts
you may want to try slowing the draper speed down a bit, I have noticed this but with it pulling it out the sides and slowing it down helped considerably.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take the left and right side drapers lose and move them toward the center, basically making the center canvas smaller. We did it this summer and it seemed to work better that way, it shoots the material toward the center of the center canvas kinda bypassing the cone ends of the feed drum. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried shifting both the outside draper mats in as much as possible and it did improve it a little. I had a 640D on demo today and it didn't seem to suffer the same problem but it was in wheat not barley. I was taking alot of straw and at one point even tried cutting a half width as fast as i could and it still wouldn't do it. Will try slowing the mats down a little and see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts