The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 635f auger header and i cant calibrate because the left height sensor says the voltage range is to high. has anyone encountered this problem.
i replaced the sensor and the little linkage. moved it up and down the skid moves freely up and down. new to me running a 635, i cam from a 930 so all this is new to me

· Registered
697 Posts
if you adjust the small turnbuckle with someone reading the monitor in the cab, does the voltage change? it should. if it stays too high regardless, then you have a wiring problem or a connection issue in the multicoupler most likely

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah, you need to start by reading the actual voltage in the combine. How to do that depends on your combine. The voltage must be 0.5V < xx < 4.5V. It should be lower on the ground.

Tell us what combine you have, and I can tell you which diagnostic address to look at.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you need to start by reading the actual voltage in the combine. How to do that depends on your combine. The voltage must be 0.5V < xx < 4.5V. It should be lower on the ground.

Tell us what combine you have, and I can tell you which diagnostic address to look at.
I have a 2009 9770 sts, its been a few months since harvest. the voltage range when is 1v-5.9v (header on the ground to raising it up off). My center and right voltage range are 1-3v roughly.

Ive turned the turnbuckle all the way in and all the way out. same problem no matter the length of the turnbuckle.

could it be the single point hookup? the black plastic disk is cracked. the pins look straight and in their holes.

· Registered
1,725 Posts
OK, for a 70 series, the Left is LC1-28, Center is LC1-29, and Right is LC1-30

If your voltage is 1V to 5.9V - that would be.....really weird. All the sensors on the head use a common 5V supply, so the voltage should not ever be able to go over 5V.
  • If the 12V supply wire is touching the left signal wire - it would just read 12V
  • If the 12V supply wire was touching the 5V supply wire - all the sensors would be higher voltage.
  • If there is a "moisture stray voltage" issue in the plug, I suppose it could be a weird voltage.
If the voltage was traveling from 1 to 4.9V, I would say you had something broken on your left cutterbar arm, allowing the cutterbar to hang way to far down.

I suggest you try the following (Make sure you know the pinout - they can be hard to read/identify!)
  1. If you unplug the sensor, does the combine read 0.0V or not? No -> go to step 2. Yes -> go to step 3
  2. Try unplugging the singlepoint. Does the combine read 0.0V? Yes -> Header problem NO -> Combine problem.
  3. Try looping Pin 20 (5V supply) back into pin 7 on the combine singlepoint (make a jumper). Does the combine read 4.9-5.1V? NO -> Combine problem. Yes -> Head problem
  4. Go old school, Get out the DVM and backprobe the Center wire at the sensor to a chassis ground - is it REALLY reading 1.0-5.9V?
  5. If so, Use a Deutsch blue plastic removal tool to pull pin 7 out of the header side of the single point. Let it hang free and remeasure as Step 4 above.
  6. If it still goes over 5V, then there is a wiring problem on the head. If not, back to a problem in the singlepoint or on the combine.
  7. Look carefully at your single point plug - is there dirt or moisture in the plug, is it cracked near pin # 7?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts