The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
635F on 9770, FINALLY started cutting beans and noticed the right side is slow to react to raise when going over terrace etc. Header floats fine, doesn't push so I don't think it's a hydra pressure issue. All three sensors (left, center, right) read about the same voltage, voltages vary when moving head like they should. Header claibrates like it should, nothing bound up, header lowers fine it's just slow to raise on the right side, Dealer and I both stumped. Of course it worked fine last fall. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
Try adjusting the tilt sensitivity. Press the header setting button (2nd one behind header engage) 3 times and you will see this come up. It's a zero-100 setting with 100 being very sensitive. Most machines like to be between 50 and 70. Run it as high as you can without it hunting (duck walking across the field). Set the height sensitivity the same way.

I've seen some bad sensors cause issues like this too. Even though they calibrate, they can have slight dead spots and be sticky. Remove all 3 sensors from the head (left, right, center) and make sure they move freely and spring back to the zero position by themselves. Make sure you calibrate feeder house tilt, speed, and header.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.