The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fired up my old 6620 in some 6 row barley.
I seem to be getting too many beards in the tank. I know if I leave it another week it will help but its fine and dry now.
Cyl closed tight, speed 1100, top sieve fairly open, bottom closed down, fan about 700. Any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts
We ran 7720 at 700 cyl, fan 800, Concave zero to 2 turns at most only if cracking. Top airfoil, bottom 1/4 inch or more if any returns.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That sounds like to high cylinder speed for barley. We ran an 8820 , and cylinder speed was usually anywhere from 700-800. Fan at 800-900 depending on yield or how full you could keep it. If not an airfoil chaffer, chaffer about 3/4 inch, bottom sieve about 1/4 inch or until you get the sample you like.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What condition is your concave and rasp bars ?As for cylinder speed,as long as you are not cracking seeds if it gets beards off thats what you want.Here in California dry land grain it hot and dry with low yields 1000 to 1200 rpms was common.Good luck getting it adjusted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im also having the same problem right now. I have tried the cyl speed at 600-1000 and closed the concave as much as possible. Looking at the filler plates, but seems like a huge job. Anyone know of a tutorial on how to pull the concave out? Top vs bottom mounted filler plates?? Need to harvest fast!!! Any suggestions?!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm giving up on doing barley with my 4420. It does beans and corn perfectly, but barley gives terrible sample and always has. Neighbors NH with 30' head much less headache :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts