The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell over from the NH board so don't hate on me too much. Trying to help a neighbor out. He has a 6620 and the other day I helped him do some small repairs. I looked over the machine as I was curious how they are setup since I am used to NH rotaries. Anyways, I saw his concave and am concerned with the number of wires in it. Before going to round bar concaves we ran with most of the wires out of the concaves to allow grain to pass and still got a clean sample and now with the round bars it is even better. I told him he may be able to take out some wires and I would check to see if that is a good idea on the Deere or not. So how do ya'll who run the similar machines have your concaves setup when using them in corn and soybeans? Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
On all of my Deere conventional series machines I pull every other concave wire starting in the center and working my way out. This greatly increases capacity and works well for me in corn, soybeans and wheat. Good luck!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can the concave wires be pulled by working under the feederhouse? Or do you have to take the completely concave out first?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rather simple to remove wires. Open the stone trap door and then remove access doors at top of feeder house to gain access to the area at the front of cylinder. Then you can raise feeder house up and gain access to the front plate that is attached to the front edge of concave. Loosen the four bolts that hold front plate that is slotted, and pull front plate up and away from concave. This will then give you access to the front edge of concave which gives you easy access to the front end of the wires. Just pull every other wire and slide front plate back down and tighten bolts. Put covers back on and that is all there is to it. I sometimes would lower feeder house down and lay on top of it to pull wires from above which might be easier than from below. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts