The Combine Forum banner

6620 fuel pump

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  markat425 
#1 ·
I pulled my truck up to my combine this afternoon to fuel up. I noticed a wire hanging down under the fuel tank. It was the power wire for the fuel pump, and judging by the amount of dirt, oil residue and chaff that was stuck to it, the wire has been disconnected for a while. I don't understand how the machine could start and run fine with the pump disconnected. Can anybody explain this to me?

#6 ·
Titan era machines will run without a working lift pump, but will shorten the life of the delicate injection pump, due to it having to carry the load of the fuel supply and act as a injection pump. I would strongly recommend repairing the lift pump. eom/jdhw1

#7 ·
my titan II won't run with the pump disconnected, but it is a real late one and may have a different pump as it does not have the glass sediment bulb on it either. it does start pretty good when cold, lots of smoke until turbo spools up, but it starts a heck of a lot better than our 4230 even from day one. that thing needs ether anything below 40 and has since 1976! then again with 10000 hours on it i can't complain too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.