The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know of a 6620 gear-drive that can be bought fairly locally...Need to go check it out myself, but I was wanting a bit of information on it. First, the engine. Would a 1980 gear-drive have the same 6466T as the later hydros? Secondly, what kind of money would a field ready unit as described bring in your area, with no heads? 5,000 hours (kinda high), but it's been well taken care of. Also, I'm going from my current machine, a '78 Gleaner F2. AC 433I turbo diesel, gear-drive trans. Will run the 13' 213 head 3-4 MPH without an issue in dry-stemmed 60 bushel beans, typically 1.5 gallons of fuel an acre. Great machine, just looking for something a little larger for next year. Kind of wondering how much of an advantage I will actually have with a 6620 pushing a 15'-18' head. Maybe, even a 20'.

Thanks in advance for any and all information available!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
6620 ran the 6466T engine at 125 HP for the gear drive and the 145 HP setting for the hydros. Wasn't to hard to set the engine to the 145 HP setting on the gear drive modles. Neighbor up here has one and a 920 straight cut. Really works well in 70 to 80 bushel spring wheat, no speed demon, but makes a nice sample.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Every 6620 I have seen has been. They are a nice machine for the smaller farmer / rancher. Put a pretty good sample in the tank, not to hard to set, biggest drawback to some is that they are a bit of a bear to work on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.