The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change the upper hydro drive belts and the upper feederhouse drive belt. In other words, I've got to take the main hydraulic pump off the engine mainshaft. I thought I had read somewhere that the pump shaft screwed into the mainshaft with left-hand threads. I've got a good quality 5/8 wrench on the flat of the pump shaft and am pulling so hard the wrench is either spreading or the shaft is trying to round-off. I can't budge it either way. Any thoughts, tricks, or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Right hand thread. Take a crescent wrench and make it tight enough that it needs to be tapped on with a hammer. Give er whack with a hammer. That's how I get that bugger off.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks newibiner!! I took the cowards way out and called the Deere dealer. They have a special tool for this job. Spun it right out of there. I don't know why I thought it was left-handed.....

Mark

·
Registered
200 Posts
keep an eye open on ebay, about a year ago i bought one of those wrenches for eight bucks. it cost more than that to ship it, but it was worth 10 times the price the two times i have needed it so far. when you put the pump back on use some anti seize on the threads for next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts