The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Andrews1, I understand your concern - I went from a 105 to a 9750. You would be surprised at how many things are similar:) you can see how the machines evolved over time........ with the engine down the back, then up to the front, then back down the back. I find greasing similarities as well. Don't worry about the electrics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I made the exact same jump (6620 - 9500) a couple years ago. Don't be afraid of the electronics on the 9500. While there can be more electrical gremlins on them, they are a reliable machine. My 6620 was a good machine, but I'd hate to go back to it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
was the 105 air conditioned?
Nope.
Dad bought the 105 when I was about 20. I went away doing other things but got back into farming about 10 years back. I used contractors for a while but there's nothing like having your own machine, ready to go when you are, so I bought the 9750. As I said above, you can see many similarities and how the machines evolved.
Yes, there are a lot of electrical components on the new machines, but they are usually trouble free. If you are doing your own mechanical work you would have a basic understanding of the electrics, enough to get by. The step up in comfort and capacity sure won't go unnoticed.

The 105 is still in the shed at Dad's place if anyone is looking for a project.;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in a remote area of Thailand and have both, a 9500 and a 6620 We do all of our own maintenance and at times have to build our own parts. Both are work horses and I bought the 6620 used and had it imported from the US, another thread with pictures, to enable us to get to fields with limited access. This year was the first year that al of the corn around us was harvested mechanically, not by hand.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm assuming the 6620 is just a smaller version of a 77/8820, so no thats a pretty easy move from those 20 series machines to the 9500. You'll find some stuff that is updated and better, but over all there are a lot of similarities.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know what grain loss is like in corn.... but I know that when we switched from a 9500 to a 9610 we noticed that our small grain losses were reduced a lot. The extra walker made a big difference. and 85hp (70 in the case of a 9600) bigger.

In good barley crops the 9500 really was a "john seeder". but from a mechanical standpoint all the Maximizers were really good combines we put over 4000 hours on the 9500 and the 9610 now has close to 3500 and never have had any major problems electrical or otherwise......

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went from a 6620 sh to a 9500 sh about 5 years ago. Only electrical issue on the 9500 was part of the Greenstar Yield monitor harness had got pushed over into an idler pulley by the cylinder drive. It was a bear to find, but no other electrical issues with the machine. Capacity is a lot greater on a 9500, and the cab is a bigger and quieter than a 6620. I sure couldn't go back to a 6620.

·
Registered
3 Posts
started on a massey ferg 587,, now have a 9080 nh,,,, cts/9500 inbetween!,,

great headers , be careful not to get a over worked one,,,,,!,,,, they are great machines but the rear axle hubs do wear out on them,,, I found myself looking at the sky 3 times when we owned ours,,!!.. the tire can just fall off so check seasonal! ,,

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
they are great machines but the rear axle hubs do wear out on them,,, I found myself looking at the sky 3 times when we owned ours,,!!.. the tire can just fall off so check seasonal! ,,
First time I've heard that, and I find it very odd :confused::confused:. 4500 hours on our 9500 and we've never had a single problem with rear hubs - have not even had to adjust up a bearing. Was yours an early model? What conditions were you running it in?

Ours has been hard to fault. Very reliable, and easy for the average farmer to maintain to a high standard, without spending megabucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We went from 6620 to a used 9500 and ran it for 15 seasons with very few minor problems, usually something that was tired and needed replacing. Probably one of our best purchases. Just sold it and bought a slightly used S550. Hope it will be close to the 95 in dependability.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.