The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run three 1480 IH combines and I love them like my children but I am planning on planting alot of flax next year and cutting it with a shelbourn and there ain't no way I'll get one off the ground with what I got. There is a 670 on auction soon and I don't think it will bring alot in my area, it has about 2000 Sep hours and needs some regular TLC but nothing to major. I want to know how you guys feel about the cost of parts and if there are certain areas of these machines I should be aware of. This is the first one I have ever been close to, looks simple, not sure how much I like the hydraulic rotor but I think with the stripper head it will work well. Any help appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
We demo'd one on our farm couple years ago and it ran nicely in our tough wheat and also ran through our 300 bushel corn with no problem. I think you will find the rotor is really nice in a tough crop like flax especially since you can reverse it as well as the feed accelerator in case you should slug it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Only experience I have with axial agco product is the Gleaner A series. Good friends of ours ran A's since their introduction, they bought a stripper head ran it for one season and traded in the A on a 9770 deere. Asked them why, and there were several reasons, but the main one's were the sample quality was terrible. When they tried to clean it up they started kicking grain out the back at an alarming rate and got tired of paying for service calls because the machine wouldnt work as advertised. My R was running laps around their A. With some patience the machine has potential thats for sure, but not many people possess that kind of patience.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been told about some sort of knives on the rotor that must be removed because they cause the sieve to overload, found a guy that custom cut with them. still looking for info on them, I have not purchased one yet but it is my plan. I walked away from one on auction as I thought the market might be a little softer, it was a good deal, I just pussed out I quess

·
Registered
172 Posts
SWFarmService, my inlaws have demoed a 9790 and then ran 660, 670, A75, A76,. They are currently running 680Bs and seem to really like them. I'll direct message you my father-in-laws number if you want to call and ask him about them.

·
Registered
923 Posts
we run a 9795 and a 9690 we've had very good luck with them and I highly recommend the combine to anyone interested in one. Very easy to set does an excellent job threshing separating. Our dockage is usually less then 1%. Ran in the same field with a neighbours R75 and would fill the 300 bu. hopper of the 9795 about the same time, both machines running at comparable loss.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Usually you can get them cheaper if you have a local dealer and are okay with buying one from a different colored lot... And go threw the machine. Very economical. Good stone protection. Very few problems because they have very few moving parts.
An auto lube is a factory option and can be put on..

·
Registered
3 Posts
After running red machines my whole farming life and nothing really new we switched to a 670 challenger. Was really skeptical at first but was the best bang for the buck. We mainly cut only small grains. The machine after one season has performed well. We haven't had any problems and parts that we thought we might need haven't been used knock on wood. They are a very simple combine to work on and maintain. They do a good job cleaning and their capacity seems to be up to snuff. I've run 1460 IH ,1660,and 2388. If u get into big bushels and lots of material a 2388 will not cut with a 670. I know that they aren't the same class but people compare them and in my experience it's not the case. Cab is not as quiet as 2388 but is not bad either. They are a simple machine and we like ours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.