The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Run a 30 ft head in cereals and i was picking up 25ft swaths of canola.
Could average 12-14 acres/hr this fall but the yields weren't to hot, wheat was 65 bushel, barley was 75 bushel and canola was 45 bushel/acre
I wouldn't go too big on the header just in case you have a whopper of a crop, i don't think ours would spread residue over 35ft

One thing i don't like about it is the Cat engine, it hates starting if its under 10 celsius

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up really clean 2013 670 this year and seem to be in that 12 acres/ hour range as well, this is without a grain cart most of the time as well so you could gain some there too. I'm told I should be able to get more out of it yet so will have to play around some more with settings next year. Coming from a 9600 and figured it was at least 1.5 times what it would do. One issue I had was plugging the return, especially when things were a bit tough, so will have to figure out how to get that set properly. Picked up 25' barley swaths with it and ran a 40' F540 Maxflex header on it most of harvest. Knife broke on 40' header and parts were a couple days away so rented a friends 1050 35' Maxflo draper and used it to finish harvest. I had read numerous horror stories on this header but in our flat land that header worked flawlessly and am planning on running it next year. Even used it to shave the ground to do my Red Clover using the header float button and was super impressed. Really happy with both the header and combine,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts