The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where a person can get 7” flex pipe from. Don’t need the end pieces but our flex pipe is worn out and broke. Manufacturer is outta this world for price they want like $600+ for a 32” long replacement section. To me it looks like exhaust flex off a semi. Found some on a website outta the states just wondering if anyone has replaced any and where they got it from.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Hmmm.... did a search for grain vac hoses and this came up. Looking to replace the light flex hose on the end of our 1026B. I see the closest dealer in the above link is Grand Forks... anybody find anything reasonable in Manitoba short of the REM dealers?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Call Setters in Russell MB. We got some nice light 4" stuff from them. I imagine it comes in biggers sizes as well. They had to order it, but it was only 2 days

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
That looks like a good idea. Only problem we would run into is it would be like a solid pipe by the time we put 4 rolls of duct tape on it when they start to crack because I would still be too cheep to change the short piece of hose!!

I think the last piece of rubber hose we got from Minnagro out of Minnedosa, can't remember what we paid but it was better than the dealer. We also got the steel flex pipe there also, laughed about that because I bought a 12 foot piece for half the price my dad had paid for a 8 foot piece from the Rem dealer a few days before!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Are they flexible enough to do a 180 and get right behind you at the door?

Anyone found any sources closer to the Morden/Winkler/Carman areas?
It will flex back to get near the door. It has 2 handles on it which makes it nice to handle and the straight pieces keep the flow up.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
The smooth inner hose sure is a lot quicker than a rippled inside. On our old vac, which was slow to begin with, was wayyyy slower with the rippled lighter hose but ti was also a lot nicer to use than the stiffer smooth walled hose.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Am I reading correctly that you guys are dragging seven inch hoses around cleaning bin bottoms? Hokey smokes, even when I was younger the five inch plumbing mine runs is heavy enough full of grain lol.

Why do they need such large piping? Is that due to it being fan powered and not a roots blower like the older ones such as mine run? Is the larger diameter so it can get enough air? Or are they simply that large of capacity? Mine will push close to 4K bushels/hr in barley under idea conditions with the five inch pipes.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
They don’t have the suction a positive displacement blower does and need flow to make up for it. One pipe load out with these is super quick and make the old blowers look pathetic. Put 50ft of hose on and it flips back to the blowers making the fans look pathetic.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Dragging around these big hoses isn't something you want to do all day long, especially if you are cleaning up a pile.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I keep using the cleanup attachment more and more... I know it slows things down but it's a lot easier to handle.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Albertabuck we just bought a used 2750 Rem grain vac that uses a 7 inch hose. When sucking straight out of a flat bottom bin with the 7 inch stainless flex hose it moves grain way faster than my 10 inch auger. I would like to buy a second stainless steel flex hose but am trying to find one that is under $750 or what ever Rem wants for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts