The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just sold some wheat the should make $7.79 at EGT chester, MT before dockage. General Mills in Great Falls was better at $7.94 but I didn't want to haul 100 miles further for the price. CHS said they may get $7.88 for November delivery by end of day, but they didn't call back and I didn't want to wait for the futures to drop by closing time. They had $7.48 when I called, oct delivery. This is priced for wheat graded as below.

It is my best bin of wheat.
AC Lillian HRS
State test from bin sample bucket sampled during harvest:
U.S. No.1 Dark Norhern Spring, dockage 1.1%
58.9lb/bu
Damaged Kernals 0.0%
Shrunken and Broken Kernals 1.7%
DHV 99%
Protien 14.8%
Foreign Material 0.0%
Defects 1.7%
Falling Number 399

May have some more almost as good if anyone wants to offer a good price.

What is everyone else getting?
I did price some other wheat that didn't make the premium dark 14% HRS pricing. $5.22 and $5.36 both also over 14% pro

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Great price for this year...I also am haul to egt in chester and they have treated me welll over other years, so my 15.7 protein they are hauling now should grade well I hope, sounds very similar weight to yours...

Thanks for the heads up

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Yeah, just where is this marketing freedom we were touted?:confused:
I will simply point out that every one of us now has the freedom to go down and capture the price premiums available now. You also have the freedom to wait with sales based on futures prices/basis/protein spreads.... You do not have to commit to an A-series contract in the hope of getting your wheat out in the current crop year based on acceptance/delivery calls.... Unfortunately farmers have, and will always have, the freedom to complain about prices/delivery....

lanwickum has some very good wheat with high protein and falling number, nothing major for downgrading factors. How many of you out there have that kind of wheat? Right now there is a huge premium for protein and grade in US, good for him for having the product and capitalizing on it.:)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I have 4 cars of 2 13.5HRS to go out next week, which was supposed to be AFTER harvest. Now it's the MIDDLE! Was priced at roughly $7.70/bu cdn, long before the snow melted in spring. Will definitely be looking south with the rest of my wheat crop, especially when the elevator is trying to do me a 'favor' by offering a #3.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
You could Always haul your grain to U.S even when cwb was going.
Trouble is unless your doing it yourself No commercial super b wants to touch it as the most they can haul is 28 tonnes weight and why mess around with border and paper work for one load a day when they could haul 5 at home

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Trouble is unless your doing it yourself No commercial super b wants to touch it as the most they can haul is 28 tonnes weight and why mess around with border and paper work for one load a day when they could haul 5 at home
Hmmm, conveniently leaving out the extortion....I mean...buyback fee.:rolleyes: I know because I did it, and paid it! How is it that you can afford to give $1/bu to the CWB and still haul south and pocket more money than all the guys in the pool? Remember this was when there was barely a $1/bushel trading range in the wheat futures in an entire year!!!

No trouble doing work myself, that is what being in business is all about.;)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I actually now of a few companies that will haul into the states. A lot of them haul fertilizer there all the time. Also other options beside hiring local truck companies. If the price difference is great enough after you factor in trucking bill who cares what it cost. You have to decide how much the little extra work is worth to you.

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
Forget a B-train.

Timpte tandem axle alum. trailer or a Wilson, and a FL120 daycab with a Mercedes engine. You will tare out at under 17,200 lbs.

We've done the run. USDOT number and a broker to handle the crossing. First one is a bit stressful, after that you just go with the flow.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is the best price is have heard of on my area. Many with low pro wheat are hoping for low pro bids. Low pro bid at EGT is now 2.80 I think.
Our biggest factors are now protein and Dark Hard Vitreous on spring wheat. Winter wheat is another deal. Many are facing low falling numbers and sprout damage. Falling numbers staring hurting under 330 at the moment. Only because we had rain. Portland showed anything over 300 is ok today.
I will be getting my own sample bucket when I haul this. I know they will try to find some thing against it.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BTW, 0.40 per quarter down on protein. 11.8% hrs would loose 3.60 per bushel from. that would be 2.00 wheat if the dhv and falling numbers are good with out sprout. I have heard of many times were farmers would have to pay to dump their wheat and hauled it back home. So.... keep your whining. Some may be hauling wheat up north if this keeps up. Just to help with your canadian prices a bit like you are with ours.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.