The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up one at my local dealer this afternoon.
DSSA42972 Litho in U. S.A. (09-08)
Front cover neat overhead pic of combine/cart, tractor, harvesting probably wheat.
Yep, hopper just about empty into to a green cart pulled by a green tractor

Yep dust behind header and chopper appears functioning in a normal matter
BUT
Combine running at 100% loss, no grain going in hopper at all.
You just gotta love those marketing wizards sometimes.

Don

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: 70 Series 2010 Boucher

I believe it's brochure Don. I thought you were turning French on us for a second.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 dssa42972, need to take a ride in a jd combine don, all sts combines, when the grain tank is emptied, fill from the bottom until about there is 25 bu. In the tank, then the grain starts to come up the delivery auger at which time you would be able to see it from above, agreed jd should do a better job of advertizing for those who don,t know the story.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you seen it?
Study that hopper carefully and tell me something isn't off.
No grain is hung up any where.
Grain is stacked on the right side of the hopper at the bottom of the grain elevator, as you say, but during actual unloading it would not be.
With good crop flow, which this situation appears would have, there would never be absolutely zero flow out the top discharge.
SO THERE!

Don

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Small grain photo's in that brochure were taken near somerton,az july 09 I harvest there in june and july also and worked beside that machine in several different fields, they were running 9870,640D,640FD and 8320R with brent grain cart.Deere Harvester works people all around till about 5:00 and then disappear

·
Registered
78 Posts
Most of these shots are photoshopped to the max. I know of pictures in brochures that are maybe 3 or 4 different pics all 'shopped together. Notice some of the 8R literature that shows an IVT control lever while displaying F6 (powershift) on the cornerpost display. You can find all kinds of this stuff if you study the brochures closely.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Look at both pictures, the header is cutting the full cut with John Deere AMS AutoTrac and the next pass is the full cut, also the chopper speader is covering the full cut. Anything else you want to see Don and everybody in the brochure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you look closely under the head you will notice the gauge wheels are sideways as if they are changing direction or just starting the pass. I would think if residue is back to the chopper the tank would be filling. Not sure if that is the case but that was the first thing I noticed when we got them into the dealership. Maybe they did it to give everybody something to talk about.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I think that is normal. When the grain tank first starts to fill there is not grain coming up the bubble up auger in my sts combines. You get a slight swelling of grain around the bottom first before any comes up the auger. Because the tank is almost empty, all the incoming grain is immediately being pulled away by the unloading augers in the tank.

Perhaps someone harvesting a lower yielding crop like soybeans could look in their tank as they are done unloading and see if any grain comes up into the tank while the unloader is on.

I think that picture 2 was taken at the same time as pic one just from a different angle.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
mine is the same. that auger is always empty when unloading unless doing high yielding corn or milo.

the only thing is though in the second photo dosen't appear to be any chaff coming out of the back of the combine. ie stopped??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts