The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two 70 series that will close the concaves while harvesting, for example set concave to 20mm on manual adjust or a.c.a. and both will close to 16mm . Should note there are no codes active or stored nor does the adu show that the concave was selected to move, other than when we select that function, have updated all software, one is 2008,one is a 2009, we have solved the issue by setting the concave for 20mm and unhooking the actuators.??????????????????

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have seen a 9870STS that the concave reading was changing as it travelled down the field. We were in wheat and we needed the concaves fairly tight to get a clean sample. When I opened the concaves to say 8, a bit later down the field it read 0 again. After scribing on the worm for the concave actuator, the concave was not moving, but the reading did change. This leads me to believe that the potentiometer needs a preload of a half of a turn or maybe one full turn before the mounting bolt goes on. It seems without it there is too much play in the slot to work properly. We haven't done this yet, but I suspect this is the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine showed it was closing up. I made a reference mark on the round gear. Started out on 18 and at end of day it said 5. Checked the mark and it had not moved. I replaced the conceave sensor and all is well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts