The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

I am getting ready for the sunflower harvest to begin shortly and the JD rep insisted that I install the discharge kit on the 9670 rotors a**end. "Easy enough" I say, as I start to take the tines off, and reinstall the discharge flails. But... low and behold as I give the rotor a spin to start on the second flail, CLANG. It is hitting the bottom vane in the rotor cage??!!! I checked the directions thinking maybe I am putting these on wrong, but there is only 1 way they will fit.

After looking at the box it states it is for 60 series combines, is there a difference from these to the 70?

Anyone installed these in there 70 series?

Am I a complete moron?

Scratch the last question from the record.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved. On the directions it states to take the last 4 tines of 21-22-23-24. And they sent 4 flails to replace them. I guess on the 70 series you don't replace the last 2, just the 2 prior to that So 21-23 flails 22-24 tines if I remember the numbers correctly. Whatever!!! I just do what I am told.

Happy harvesting. PS the flowers look great from the road, I hope they hold out from the combine seat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do you by chance have a part number for the kit. We are interested in installing it on our 9870 before we choke the discharge beater again.
Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
FYI i found it on deere's website.
part # BH84581 complete goods/ship bundle (discharge flights)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts