The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay I'm trying to get my honeybee header height to work on my new combine. This system only has one height sensor and is wired in the RH sensor position. My combine has a level land feederhouse, however when I try to calibrate the header, it says the LH sensor has 0 volts(which makes sense because I don't have one). My question is there a way to work around this in the combine software? AND if not could I wire my existing sensor to LH in paralell? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I don't know if this will help.

Solution Number: 47385

Solution Summary: THE HEADER HEIGHT RESUME FEATURE DOES NOT WORK WITH A NON-JOHN DEERE HEADER - All 50, 60 and 70 Series Combines

Publication Date: Aug 6 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom :
The header height resume feature does not work with a non-John Deere header, e.g. MacDon or Honeybee draper platform.

Problem or Situation :
The combine is programmed to recognize only John Deere headers.

Solution :
The header harness will have to be configured with a jumper wire as follows to allow the combine to recognize the header. The pin numbers and circuit codes listed below relate to the combine harness. There are two methods in which to accomplish this.

OPTION 1 : Install a jumper wire from CC436 (light green) pin # 16 to CC21 (red) (12 volts) pin # 4 in the header harness next to the connector. The only disadvantage to this method is that during diagnostic work with control unit E01 address 50, the type of header will not be identified. If identifying the type of header would be of value to the technician, then go with option 2.

OPTION 2 : Install one or more jumper wires as indicated below, in the header harness next to the connector. CC21 furnishes 12 volts power.

NON-JOHN DEERE DRAPER PLATFORM: CC436 (light green) pin # 16 to CC21 (red) and CC488 (yellow) pin # 17 to CC21 (red).

NON-JOHN DEERE PICKUP PLATFORM: CC487 (light green) pin # 28 to CC21 (red) , CC488 (yellow) pin # 17 to CC21 (red) and CC489 (orange) pin # 18 to CC21 (red).

NON-JOHN DEERE CUTTING PLATFORM: CC436 (light green) pin # 16 to CC21 (red).

NON-JOHN DEERE CORN HEAD: CC487 (light green) pin # 28 to CC21 (red).

Additional Information :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9770STS, 9570STS, 9560iSTS, 9650, 9560, 9550, 9550SH, 9660STS, 9860STS, 9560SH, 9670STS, 9650CTS, 9450, 9660WTS, 9750STS, 9760STS, 9650STS, 9870STS, 9660CTS, 9660, 9560STS

HEAD, WING, SWITCH, HIGH, CH, JDM ELEC, FH, PLAT, F5281, F5126, F5166

·
Registered
36 Posts
What you need to do depends on the head and what you are trying to do. Is this the PLUS series head?
You have a couple of choices
1.) Yes, you may wire the sensors in parallel (pins 7 and 9 of the header connector) if you have rigid header select (pin 16)
2.) You may move the wire from pin 9 to pin 3 if you have flex head select. (from the right to the center height sensor pin location)

motram's response applies to header height resume which will take care of itself when the header select is done properly

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the help. I should clarify....I modified a Honeybee header height kit to fit on my 930D draper. So my thinking from here and talking with my service manager is to wire the single height sensor(potetiometer) in paralell to both RH and LH pins, giving the same readout at both. Without it messing up my header recognition on the 70 series. I really appreciate all the advice and found some of the information very interesting! Now just for the time to do this so I can see how the whole system will perform in field. (probably a next rainy day project) by the way this forum ROCKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts