The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be starting soybeans soon, and always deal with some green
pods, and like to get them threshed and a nice sample.

New with our 9770 this year, and was unhappy with all the white caps
in wheat. Tried covers, with small wire concave. Coming from a 9610 and
we could always grind it out.

For soybeans we have the round bar concaves, so I have talked to some
that just go that way, and get along good.

What about covers, I have not found any for the round bar concave, they are different than the ones for the small wire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use round bar concaves for soybeans on a 9670 and don't use any covers. Usually start with combines recommended settings and do a little adjusting from there. Im running a 25ft head right now and always have clean samples

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
When we first started with the older RR1 soys, they would drop through the small wire so we used those the first year (15ac).

Now that we are growing more soys, we run round bars as well.

Andrew

·
Registered
196 Posts
You want clean beans ditch the round bar concaves, take your small wire concaves and remove every other wire and go harvest. You can thank me later.

Seriously we grow alot of beans and I haven't used our round bar concaves for three years now. I also grow edible beans and I use the same set up. You will get a cleaner sample and less seed damage with this set up vs using round bar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You want clean beans ditch the round bar concaves, take your small wire concaves and remove every other wire and go harvest. You can thank me later.

Seriously we grow alot of beans and I haven't used our round bar concaves for three years now. I also grow edible beans and I use the same set up. You will get a cleaner sample and less seed damage with this set up vs using round bar.
I have been thinking of doing that in peas but I wasn't sure it would work, I use round bar now and have cracks and a bit of rotor loss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts