The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8010 harvesting soybeans top concave 18-20,bottom 12,conc 5.5-6,rotor 600-700 combine is doing an excell job. Question is I have the funnel sensers on one of my run screens and i have the thresher set at 65%,tailings 70% and sieve at 30%. The sieve senser seems to be very fussy as to where it is set. The other ones never move but if I set the sieve senser at 50% or higher it leads one to think that you are throwing beans right out the back. I've checked and I have found nothing. Is this just the way these things are or am I missing something
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
929 Posts
I pretty much ignore my loss monitors in beans. It shows a little bit every now and then but I have never found anything going out the back... I think its almost impossible with these combines in beans.

One note on the tailings though, when you change that number it doesn't change sensitivity but at what level the tailings trigger an warning message.

·
Registered
619 Posts
They work fairly accurate set at 25-30 on the rotor and the sieve for both wheat and beans. When you set the meter value always check with what you see on the ground behind you and adjust accordingly and you can't go wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts