The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As requested, this thread will be for repair and maintenance tips specific to the 7010 and 8010 platform combines.

-Lance

·
Registered
378 Posts
not so much as a tip but a question. Went and visited a bloke today who has a 2 year old 8010 and has had lots of grief with the feederhouse cracking and in one instance falling off. Is this a common issue with the first 8010's released. This unit has a 39ft front on it and is still not big enough where they farm.

Jono

·
Registered
975 Posts
You mean to tell me after all this time this is all the input on these machines?

Is there a place you can go to get all the updates that were available for the 8010's?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
had a fun thing happen today on our 7010 2007 model with 1200hrs, went to start harvesting and the seporater wouldn't engage started to get worried about no go. the only thing that would start was the spreaders no rotor no sieves no fan. anyway rang a mate that was a case mech and he said look at the amin electric couplings towards the back under the grain bin had a look and had a little water in one sprayed with some spray silicone and away it went. No biggy in the end

·
Registered
463 Posts
Those that run high amounts of straw through there combine.
Around 800+ separator hours

check the transition cone extreme right side by module will be the first part to get a hole wore through.

Would be worth while to change the tri-sweep bearings only three of them The seals get dirt, dust packed in them.

Check the tri-sweep idler tension rod bolt for groves.

Feeder house gearbox splines may be shot, along with top feeder sprocket

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Lance, 8010,s 04 to 05 late models, sooo many changes cage and cone, feeder house, and transion area going into cage, control pressures, pita, 06 models and newer much better, feeder reverser has been updated, feeder chains pita, chopper shaft and brgs, pita, if you wish Lance, will sit down on CNH website and can list some numbers, these are the things from the top of my head, wiring issues, engine problems! I could right a book, glad to pass info on that I know, let me know, Scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts