The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the right side straw deflector that Case recommends. It is meant to deflect more of the straw into the middle of the spreader. Where do you mount it and at what angle ? Is it just a piece of angle iron ? Would like to get it mounted before we start on the Barley next week ! Not getting a whole lot of help from our dealer, other than them saying that all the 7120 and 8120 machines come with it !
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I am told that's the deflector a machine gets only with the Magnacut Chopper option. Your dealer will be able to get the info you need for the bolt in angle iron deflector if he gets off his rear end and runs a search on ASIST. There is a drawing and photos on there, I have seen them from my dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
we installed this kit on our '07 7010 a month or so back. kit costs around $350. well worth it. it mounts on the right side of the combine between the end of the rotor and the chopper. it has four settings for different amounts of deflection. it is amazing the difference in how the straw "flows" change during different times of the day. installation will take 3 to 4 hours and a hand held plasma cutter is definitely an easier way to make the holes required. kit might be back ordered so you should order it soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts