The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Go to a junk yard and find a tr99 air filter housing. . it is all steel, and take it.
Your real problem is the plastic air filter canister is junk and does not hold seal to allow the aspirator to work, so none of the trash is removed... When I had the steal canister I changed air filters once in three seasons and never had to blow it out .

Modern marvels built by the cheapest bidder.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Realized on ours today. If you look at the radiator behind the rotating screen and look to the sides, there is a black piece of steel to the ends of the radiators. These pieces are not sealed to the radiator. I think trash is getting sucked thru from the engine side and into the air cleaner. The intake is right beside the gap. Reason that I think this is because I get trash build-up around the hoses on the engine side of the radiator. Would like to ride back there for a minute to see what's going on. Neighbor had a fire start inside of that space when it filled with trash.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Had a tr99...
Never blew the filter out in two years.. Spotless

The problem is the plastic housing is fatigued and no longer holding a seal, so the the exhaust is not cleaning the filter..
Never had issues like this on any model till they went to plastic air filter housing.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
We have the same issues in our cr, pretty fustrating blowing it out everyday and is chockers every time. Have even checked if sucking from around the seals with powder and all fine. Have just been told that it is a problem on our model.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I had the same trouble with our 1680 and 2388. 1680 got a 1688 air filter and a short stack so the aspirator is 7 ft off rear deck 2388 has a 2188 air cleaner and an aspirator 8ft off of rear deck. Some 6" exhaust tubing a couple clamps and some angle iron and I get nothing but extremely fine dust in air cleaners. It might look goofy but I don't waste my $ on new air cleaners or time blowing them out. Not sure about flagship machines but this fixed my problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.