The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 7010 and was wondering if the unload auger is long enough for the 40 foot draper. I know they make a long one but will I need an extension? Anyone know where I could get a good one?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
I think it will work with the standard 3ft and the unloader off the end, like on the new 7010's. their are some shots of mine on our site I have 2 3 footers and a extender on the end 27.5 ft makes it nice unloading on the go, with 120" wide tractors. I think it needs a cable. I'm going to rig one before next fall, whether I Have 105350 or a new one. by the time I pay the tax man might not be able to buy a new one merry xmas FT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
I was told CIH is going to redesign the end of the unload auger again for the new 08 machine and update the current 07 machines out there.

Your dealer should have ordered your 7010 with the unload ext. in the package. Unless they really mess up the design again I believe that one ext should do the job for your 40 foot draper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I was told that the 40' should be no different from a 35' or 36' because it is offset to the right. Hope they are right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Actually the CIH 2162 40' is a centered header. The 35/36 footer is a offset header, you can see pics of a 35/36 foot head in the "07 harvest thread" by lostinspace down below. If you count the supports for the bats on the reels you can see there is one more on the right side reel. You can also see what is wrong with the design of the unload in those pics........the rubber/plastic spout on the end is too flat when the unload is extended and holds grain in it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
Quote:I was told that the 40' should be no different from a 35' or 36' because it is offset to the right. Hope they are right.
If that was a salesman that told you that I hope he was more accurate the rest of the time. Number of D50/D60/FD70 MacDon header sizes that are offset: zero. Even the 45' D60D.

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
If you are going to unload on the go you better add two 3ft extention to get to the end of the draper. If you are carefull I dont think you need cable on. One of my 8010s has a cable and the 2nd one we did not add the cable for support. So far no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Quote:If you are going to unload on the go you better add two 3ft extention to get to the end of the draper. If you are carefull I dont think you need cable on. One of my 8010s has a cable and the 2nd one we did not add the cable for support. So far no problems.



I've never had a problem unloading on the go with only a 3ft extension and a 40' centered draper with row crop duals on the cart tractor. Now keep in mind that this applies only to the MY07 and newer augers with the end style discharge and boot. If you have the older vertical boot then you will need 2 3ft extensions as the new boot is good for an addition 3ft. Now if you are running large floater tires on your grain cart or tractor then you might have an issue even with the new boot. If you have an "ify" operator then you might have to write a large check, but if you have 2 good operators then you should be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
We have just traded a2388 with a 36 macdon on a7010 with a 40 macdon. We didnt have a lot of room unloading on the run but it was ok. the crops are a lot lighter here in west oz so we are travelling quite fast ( most of the time full speed 2nd) any thoughts on how we will go with the 7010 with clearance? We didnt have an extension on the 88
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Quote:We have just traded a2388 with a 36 macdon on a7010 with a 40 macdon. We didnt have a lot of room unloading on the run but it was ok. the crops are a lot lighter here in west oz so we are travelling quite fast ( most of the time full speed 2nd) any thoughts on how we will go with the 7010 with clearance? We didnt have an extension on the 88

You need the extension. Even with the newer boot and a 3 foot extension, a 40ft head is closer to a cart than I like. But oh well, it never touched and that's the main thing.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top