The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been discussed here before but it was earlier when corn was much wetter. The corn is 21-22% with a field avg of 210 bu/acre and I am running a 8 row head. If I run any faster than 4.8mph I start filling the cleaning fan. The bottom sieve has been calibrated and I run it on 16 and the sample is very good but for a class 7 machine I think it should have more capacity than 4.8 mph. Is there some upgrade or do I need to set something else different. This is my first rotor I always had JD conv. before so I don't know what to expect. Also I have to run the fan speed slow 800rpm or when I turn on the ends and the combine empties it blows it out the back.Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Open the bottom sieve all the way. The presieve should be at 3-4. Use the top to clean the cob out. Your fan speed seems way to slow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
you can also pre set the fan speed through the pro 600 monitor in headland mode to whatever rpm you wish, eg harvest mode at 950, headland mode at 800rpm. When you press resume button & button on back of joystick at the same time at end of row the front lifts up to activate headland mode & fan will automatically drop back to pre set rpm, press resume again, front drops down for harvest mode & fan speeds up. Should be able to run higher rpm to avoid fan plugging, refer to the manual for setting headland mode, hope this helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
not necessarily, if you have set the machine to suit crop conditions, when you turn at the ends the load of material over shoe box lightens off which means the fan can be too strong. Thats the whole purpose of headland mode, you can also pre set other settings if you wish, personally i find just lowering the fan by 100 -150rpm in our wheat, barley & peas works well

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why would you want the fan to slow on the headland, when you are turning around the machine is still thrashing and cleaning corn, doesn't that lead to a small dirty sample?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome to our 8010 wonderworld.......

Have you timed yourself to see how fast you can unplug your fan? 17 minutes with two guys here. That was after number eight, i beleive.

Got to the point where I didn't even want to play with sample in tank for fear of plugging the d**n fan.

Yup, Put some round bars in (bout a 1000 bucks will do ya for two), bottom seive all the way up, presieve 3-4, top seive, set at 12-14 in the back, who knows what the pro 600 monitor says it is, it don't match up (good one Case guys)and make sure your top seive is the longer toothed (nuther 600 bucks), And live with a mediocre sample.

450 seperator hours this year and thank god dad likes it, cuz Im done with it in corn.

Good luck

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm not sure why they put a bottom sieve in the 7010/8010. I don't use it for corn or soybeans. I haven't used it for 2 years and I haven't filled my fan for 2 years. I guess if you know that by closing the bottom sieve you're going to fill up the fan, I guess the pain is self inflected, that's the way I felt after I figured out how the fan was plugging it and still had to plug it one more time. .

Our sample after going thru the dryer looks pretty good. The quality of the sample I would say is very high considering the high moisture of the corn this year.

·
Registered
929 Posts
12-14 on the top sieve seems way to closed to me. I think these combines like to have the sieves pretty wide.

I have only plugged mine once and that was because my dealer recalibrated them after a software update when I was not around... i started combining and the bottom sieve was totally shut. What a PITA that was.

I never run my top sieve more closed then about 18 or so (normally run it around 20 on top and 18 on bottom with the presieve in the 2-3 notch up from the bottom). Doing 6mph with an 8 row head in some 240 bu corn and it was doing a great job.

Now getting all the corn off the cob with these d**n things... thats my problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thing is a PITA. 4.8 mph it is about maxed out in 220 bu corn. If I open the bottom sieve and close the top I have more cob problems and if I shut the top too much it will get thrown out the back. Then if I open the rotor a little to keep the cob intact the the large wire rotor modules plug up with husks and silks. The only way to keep them clean is run the rotor clearance on 8 or 9. Thats why I started the post on round bar modules because I don't want to have to change them. I wonder how pulling a wire out to make them all skip wire modules would work?

·
Registered
67 Posts
We pull every other wire in #2 modules and run 4 straight bars. Tried round bar but seemed to have trouble shelling all corn off the cob, just easier for me to adjust with wires pulled. I also think you are running too low on fan speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts