The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Our Case IH dealer Reis Equipment brought out a shiny new 7010 with 3608 chopping corn head for us to try. I think the demo went very well and am pleased all around with the dealer and the combine.

This has been my fav combine platform since it came out in 2003 and it has certainly lived up to my expectations. Easily the best laid out cab of any combine on the market, with the best view of the head. Quiet and spacious this machine has it all. The hydrostat control stick is just the way I like it where down is up and up is down for the head. The automatic header height controls make much more sense on this combine than on the NH and the hydro stick feels a lot better as well. I like the fact that there is an actual neutral block instead of the bi-directional tractor style the CR has...oh the clicking.

The head I won't go into great detail as it is identical to the one we tried on the CR9040, however, the red head makes it much easier to see the cobs of corn! This was one of the big complaints of the yellow head.

Feeder house is a better design on the 7010 than the CR as it has an actual stone beater rock trap where the CR does not. With our stony land that is a big consideration.

1 rotor makes more sense to me than 2, but there are a lot of arguments that say 2 is better so I guess it is a personal preference thing.

3d sieves are great!

Residue management is excellent with 3 options for spreading straw. You can drop chaff and straw in the windrow, you can windrow the straw and spread the chaff, or you can spread everything. There is mechanical deflectors for adjusting the spread pattern as well as in cab speed adjustment for the residue spinners.

The machine has lots of hp and handled the 8 row chopping head very well in the 200bu corn. Unloading on the go at 4.8mph, which is as fast as we would ever go, the combine didn't show any signs of struggling.

I really like the 24ft unload auger that this one had. Wow, that is way out there. You could drive a pickup between the truck and combine with the corn head on no problem! Again the boot dribbles corn when shut off full.

Oh, the steering wheel is a very appropriate size and fits comfortably in your hand while making end row turns.

Overall the 7010 is an excellent machine with almost no pitfalls. From everything I have driven this year it is by far and away the number one combine on the market.

I think my ranking will be 7010, CR9060, 9770sts, 9895 (MF)

Warren

Lots of rubber on the ground! I'm not sure how well the rear axle will do in deep mud riding up on that ridge though?

The last load of corn being filled

There it goes!

·
Registered
508 Posts
No big surprise you like the 7010. Your use to the Axial flow design. Nice design. Dont be worried about the stone trap on the CR. Its very advanced and very sensitive. It catches all. I bet you'll get the 7010. With a 35ft flex.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there farmer knows best we traded our 2388's this year for 7010's and really like them, just wondering did your's smoke alot when you started it or was driving it around the yard at say 1/4 throttle?? We really like our combines compared to the 23's but don't know how these things can make the emmissions, as bad as they smoke. They do have good power when they get wound up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Shannon, you don't need to shout. Turn of the cap locks.

Farmerknowsbest, we have a 6088 sitting at the dealer and it has the same spout on the auger as the 7010. Did the dealer offer any suggestions regarding it dribbling corn. I've heard this is a bit of a problem with that design.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Goalie,my 8120 is in and it has the same spout as my 8010 has but the new combine has the old style grain saver in it. You can look in the spout to see if it has old style or new style in it. What I have read case kept the plastic spout to add 3 more ft. to the unloader tube.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Isn't the electronic or stone drum optional, and the feeder house the same on the CNH machines? Also can't the rear axle be adjusted to run in the furrow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts