The Combine Forum banner

7010 dirty corn sample

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  midwest 
#1 ·
last fall we had a lot of broken pieces of corn stalk about 1 to2 inch long the corn was very high moister we ran round bars in the middle the fan was at 950 or more concave set @ 10 to 14 we even had pieces of leaf that i could not blow out. ANY IDEAS what i was doing wrong or did anybody have the same problem that was my 3rd 7010 we never had this problem before but the corn was dryer next year we have a 7120 still same combine thanks guys

#4 ·
Around here they call those short chunks of stalks "cigars". I think they are related to harvest conditions and the variety of corn.

If you want to check something but I don't think it's your solution, your problem could be that your duct work is partially plugged with trash. The trash comes in thru your cleaning fan and then gets hung up in the duct work above it. The easiest way to look for it is to slide under the combine with a flashlight and look in thru the little holes they have in the bottom of the fan housing. You have to look toward the back about 2 feet away to see the air veins in there. The other way is to drop the fan housing off ( like you would need to do if you filled up the fan with grain) and look at the duct work then.

Around here last fall was a real balancing act with the combine settings......least grain damage, least amount of FM, getting the corn off the cob, and getting most grain in the tank.

#5 ·
we had checked thefan intake good all was clean but thanks we had plenty of air when we would turn on the end we were blowing corn on the ground it just was a trying year last couple of years we were spoiled by having 18 19 % corn to shell at least we are done my neibours and good friend still have corn out in the snow now they are stoped o ya they have a green combine that goes kinda slow in corn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.