The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site has been very helpful for me to watch for 'problems ' that might be encountered. So far I can't say enough good about this machine. No problems whatsoever. Just make sure you have the chopper 'click' into it's lower position. It can go past & tear the rear plastic pan to heck! Plenty of power & I think the AFX rotor is easier to set than my old specialty in the 2166 was, especially in beans. New flex 35' worked flawless. Got 100 acres through my 3408 corn head with no problems yet. No trash buildup,aggressive, & so far my ear savers are still on. I don't think i'll ever get used to having so few things to grease but that a good thing if it lasts. I debated long about the extra money over a 2588 & am glad I spent it. The extra features are well worth it. The 7010 was a bit much for my operation but i'm done with beans & wouldn't be with a smaller rig. it's nice to run a couple of days without fueling,(1.1 gal /acre in beans @ 17 acres/hr).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it was a 2020. Hailed beans only made 32bu, non-hailed made 62,(field total over the scales). Corn is averaging around 200 bu/acre so far & 21-24 %.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts