The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok we used to have a 2388 and it worked great but wen the 7010 was available to us we bought one so we could be more productive. we just started yesterday and are in 220 bushel corn consistently but we cannot keep the dang thing from throwin alota corn out the back. we have roundbars in the second modules. and we just dont know what the heck to do
. another thing is where the drive is on the feeder house its leaking corn out of a hold there too. so please help me out. i almost cry when i see all the corn we are leaving on the ground. corn is 24% moisture. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
929 Posts
How do you have it set right now? Do you have a small tube rotor or the AFX rotor?

Here is how I have been setting mine (or close to it) with an 8 row head, Kuchar concaves and grates, and small tube rotor, with the right side of the sieves tipped 1 degree up.

Corn has been 70-270bpa... field ave's 200bpa. 22-30%M

Rotor speed: 350-400 (depending on how much I am breaking the cob)
Concave: 9-10
Fan: 1000-1050
Top sieve: 18-20
Bottom sieve: 18-20
Presieve: 5th notch open (down from the top)

The worst I have run it was about 1.25-1.5bpa (2 occasionally 3 kernels per sq foot) total loss behind the combine. The best I have had it was about .5bpa loss.

Not sure what the corn coming out of the feeder house is from... never seen that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The grain loss from the feeder house may be the flap that seals the up/down pivot point. It is held tight against the lower side of the feeder house by a spring loaded door. If the head is lifted all the way up at the headlands with grain still in it, the pressure from the grain can push the sealing flap to the outside of the door. The simple fix is to open the door with a prybar and re-insert the flap.

Using the headland mode or setting a cut height preset for end of row can help eliminate reoccurrance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we adjusted the position of the concaves to the left a bit and that helped a bit but it still leaves alot of corn behind compared to the old 2388. seems if we go over 4.5 mph it gets worse. feels like we'd be better off with the 2388

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have straight bars on the rear of the rotor? This made the most difference on my 7010. When I started with the factory setup for corn I thought I was supposed to put the grain cart at the rear of the rotor. I thought I accidentally turned on the unloading auger.

After you put these straight bars on the loss will look more reasonable . Then you can try some of the other suggestions and try and get to the 2388 level of loss.

I have set 915.1460.1660,1688, and 2388 and have got them so you could not find any corn coming out the rotor. The 7010 is the hardest to set in corn. You must recheck as you go from different hybrids and moisture. You can not set it and forget it.

I think the rotor needs to be longer and maybe another concave section added. The 180 deg. rap of the concaves does not help as much in corn. The material moves to the rear of the rotor rapidly and two much corn is in the trash way back in the rear grate section.

Good luck with the rotor loss and on the bright side the 7010 is easy to grease and maintain.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Do you know you have adjustable vanes on the top of the rotor cage to make material go through real fast with fewer wraps or slower and make more wraps...

·
Registered
105 Posts
The first thing I did was put all the rear vanes in slow position. I could see no difference. Then I put first two vanes over concave in slow and no change. The front vanes are difficult to change position on a 7010.

The theory behind the straight bars is they thin out the crop mat and allow the corn to separate from the trash.

My theory is Case does not like to put the straight bars on because they take to much power in other crops like soybeans or wheat. Farmertony could not run 10mph in soybeans with a 40 foot header. It is some work to take them on and off for other crops which would not look good when comparing to JD.

2rotor do you have a two rotor NH combine? Do they have only two movable concaves under the rotor like the 7010.

That may explain why the 7010 has only two movable concaves instead of three like the original IH design.

·
Registered
341 Posts
the first thing i would be sure is do you have 2 full sets of round bar concaves, they won't plug with trash like the others thus allowing the bulk of the corn to get out of the rotor quicker.when we first got a 7010 a year ago we had isssues with this until we put round bars in. this year we have been running 3.3-3.7 with a 12 row in 225-270 bu corn testing from 19-24 and are getting along fine with total loss levels less than 1.5 bu./ac. our concaves are shifted far right, rotor around 350 clearence 8-9.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm no sure about the case setup, but yes, we run round bar concaves and do not have plugging issues. sounds like your setup is more sections of smaller concaves. ours is one concave per side, guess I'd have to measure them, but I'd say they are a couple of feet long. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts