The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to upgrade our 2388. Not sure whether to go for a similar machine as in the 2588 or step up to the 7010. 8010 would be far to big as we only strip about 3000 acres each year. We do some contract work which requires several clean outs between crops so the 7010 seems easier to do this from the one I saw at a field day. Any thoughts would be much apreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

you'll need new heads for the 7010 if your doing it all I'd go with the 7010 sweet machine my dealer had 5 new ones out last year and NO problems with any of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

I ran a 7010 over 2500 acres of corn and beans this year in central Indiana. Other than a slight software issue at first, the machine was awesome. No other problems at all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,768 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

the 7010 is a very nice operating machine. Should be more durable too, now that they have worked out all the bugs in the 8010 and then built the 7010. However, if you plan on wearing it out I don't think that any combine has the aftermarket parts support of an axial flow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

We also debated over a 2588 or a 7010. The main drawback is the changing of all the heads. The cost between combines is relatively small for what you get in return between the combines. One thing to consider with the 7010 is less hours put on per year vs2588 which will help in lower repair costs and less depreciation per year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

Go for the newer style. Alot more updates and nice features you will love. We Farm about 1,500 acres and made a switch from a 2188 to a AFX 8010 last year. That means roughly 750 acres of SRW, 750 acres of corn, and 750 acres of Soybeans a year. Nice to get done alot quicker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

We also debated the same question, although we threw an sts into the equation. A new deere will have a longer wait before one will be available if it isn't ordered yet. We would have a little better dealer support with it. Between the 7010 and 2588, the price would be relatively the same if you ordered the 7010 as a 2 wheel drive and the 2588 a 4 wheel drive, which makes it pretty tempting. We went with 2588 as we still have an older 2388 to keep things similar. Even so, I have no doubt the 7010 would be great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

G'day Giffo,
Talked to dealer up here Central Queensland the other day.
He has 2588 in the yard , can't quite remember exact figures but
$380 000 AUD inc with 36ft normal front , is somewhere on the money. Also said had a 7010 on order should be available March and about $60 000 dearier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,259 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

Quote:Go for the newer style. Alot more updates and nice features you will love. We Farm about 1,500 acres and made a switch from a 2188 to a AFX 8010 last year. That means roughly 750 acres of SRW, 750 acres of corn, and 750 acres of Soybeans a year. Nice to get done alot quicker.

Uh, say there Big A, my calculater must be broken, I come up with 2250 acres when I add 750 three times. Course I do know a local guy that plants big acres, and harvests small acres,.....he allways has the highest yeilds somehow.
I know you would'nt do something like that now would you.
Or does SRW stand for something other than wheat?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

doorknob, I believe Big A double-crops beans after wheat. So that's how he comes up with the acres he does. I believe he has pics floating around of him planting beans into wheat stubble. Hope that clears it up for you.
Feel free to chime in Big A. I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Making the most of every acre. I think that's the only way to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: 7010 OR 2588

Thank you all for your comments much appreciated. Anyone know how much the 7010's are worth either in aud or us as i am from victoria australia. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

Quote:

Uh, say there Big A, my calculater must be broken, I come up with 2250 acres when I add 750 three times. Course I do know a local guy that plants big acres, and harvests small acres,.....he allways has the highest yeilds somehow.
I know you would'nt do something like that now would you.
Or does SRW stand for something other than wheat?






Quote:Posted by zeefarmer9 on Today at 10:32am
doorknob, I believe Big A double-crops beans after wheat. So that's how he comes up with the acres he does. I believe he has pics floating around of him planting beans into wheat stubble. Hope that clears it up for you. Feel free to chime in Big A. I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Making the most of every acre. I think that's the only way to do it.




Doorknob Zeefarmer is correct in his statement. We doublecrop soybeans after the wheat is cut in late June early July. We usually plant late group 3s early group 4s. Thank you Zeefarmer......



Here is the link to the pics posted.....

http://combineforums.proboards42.com/ind....read=1194228754
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,259 Posts
Re: 7010 OR 2588

Quote:
Quote:

Uh, say there Big A, my calculater must be broken, I come up with 2250 acres when I add 750 three times. Course I do know a local guy that plants big acres, and harvests small acres,.....he allways has the highest yeilds somehow.
I know you would'nt do something like that now would you.
Or does SRW stand for something other than wheat?






Quote:Posted by zeefarmer9 on Today at 10:32am
doorknob, I believe Big A double-crops beans after wheat. So that's how he comes up with the acres he does. I believe he has pics floating around of him planting beans into wheat stubble. Hope that clears it up for you. Feel free to chime in Big A. I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Making the most of every acre. I think that's the only way to do it.




Doorknob Zeefarmer is correct in his statement. We doublecrop soybeans after the wheat is cut in late June early July. We usually plant late group 3s early group 4s. Thank you Zeefarmer......



Here is the link to the pics posted.....

http://combineforums.proboards42.com/ind....read=1194228754


Oh,......................uh......well then...................I see,...............but,.....but,...............that still means you have to combine 2250.......................I think.....


Cool planter by BTW. I'll have to look it up on the cih site.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top