The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went past the Case dealer coming home from the elevator tonight and they had a brand new 7010 sitting in the lot. Second time by I got a picture. Doesn't look that bad. Soon as I get some time i'll stop by and get a few more.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the pics. The decals on the 2577 do look sharp. Nice to see a "real one", not just a factory issue pic. Note the longer curtain near the real axle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks Nathan. The 2577 does look better in this pic. The decal is nice looking. It still looks like the same old auger. Is it actually any bigger or did they just change the flighting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will have to say the decals on the 7010 are pretty sweet.. but I still like the black and red look of my 8010 over the all red..

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Does your dealer happen to be close to some big harvesting show this fall? That might explain why you have some new iron, if these are demo machines at some show.

I was told today that our local dealer now has a 2588 on the lot. I know we have a farming show coming up later this month, so this is probably a demo unit for that.

-Lance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lance, I expect pictures of that machine:) See if you can tell a difference in the hopper size without the extentions. You were around one for a whole summer. Give us a good comparison with pics:) Please.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well guys, the dealer is about 30 minutes away from me, and I rarely have any reason to go that direction. If we get a chance this weekend though, I'll sneak some pictures of it.

Does anyone know if the 25xx machines are now the only things rolling off the assembly line, or if these are one off units yet?

-Lance

·
Registered
349 Posts
I imagine you'll see all these machines at the Farm Progress show at the end of August in Amana Iowa. Hopefully there more then new numbers and graphics...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:I imagine you'll see all these machines at the Farm Progress show at the end of August in Amana Iowa. Hopefully there more then new numbers and graphics...

That is why the 2588 is at this dealer, it will be at that show.

-Lance

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealer is less then 5min from where a huge outdoor farm show will take place next month. Excellent show. I'll get some nice pictures tomorrow.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I did manage to get some pics today, however I cannot get them off my camera till this weekend. Currently the dealer has a 2577, a 2588, two 7010s and a new model 8010.

The spreader skirt on the 25xx machine is just a little longer, and bolted up so that it doesn't get ripped up by the rear wheels. Nothing revolutionary.

The unload auger on the 7010 has some paddle or sensor on the end that I don't really understand. Maybe it is supposed to tell you when you hit a truck or something. You can kind of see it in the pictures above. Actually, maybe it is a counterweight on the flipper inside to stop grain from spilling out when the auger isn't on. Apparently old spring design wasn't good enough? I can tell you that tree branches will catch those arms from time to time though.

The yield monitor in the 25xx is a little lower from where it used to be, but still higher than where it was on the 8010s. With the larger screen size, it's basically in a bad spot. It creates a huge blind spot where you would be looking at the right end of the header. It does look to be on an adjustable arm though, so maybe you could move it back up so it isn't in the way of things.

-Lance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts