The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble plugging the cleaning fan in wheat and soys has anyone had a problem with this and how did you solve this

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not a pretty sight when you fill up the fan is it? In the grain tank and getting the fan cleaned out.
You didn't say what your sieves are set at.....presieve, top sieve and bottom sieve? The sieve settings are most likely the cause of your problem. When I've had this happen it has been from running my bottom sieve too tight. Always run with the presieve tighter than the top sieve. In soybeans I usually have it at notch 2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have had trouble plugging fan also we put a air deflection kit on both our 8010's now we can run presieve wide open with no trouble plugging fan. It really increased the capacity of combine. We bought them from New Holland dealer in Indiana. Can get number for them if you want it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses It is ugly when the fan plugs esp. in soys as there is no indication other than the grain tank is full of pods The combine is level and I have learned to keep the presieve more closed than the manual setting, 2nd notch seems to work for me I run the upper sieve about 18 and the lower quite open at 15 but I think that a combine should not be able to fill the fan of the front of the lower sieve overloading the lower sieve should be indicated by high levels of tailings Has anyone taken the front row of fingers out of their sieve or tried to put a dam on the front of sieve What about the air baffle/ we installed a dam between the lower sieve and the clean grain pan or is this air baffle different I am also running the 2162 draper head as undefined to allow us to speed up the feeder so the knife can run faster as I find the 570 speed is to slow I am running the combine on autoguidance with RTK base station Absolutely amazing harvested a test plot field scale behind a 30 ft drill 15 inch rows without missing any so much less tiring running the combine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Contact MacDon about the knife speed. There is an orfice that is adjusted on the drive pump. This has turned out to be a common problem in soybeans with the 2162. The knife can be sped up to 650 rpms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts