The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone like the straw and chaff spread their 70 or 8010 does in soybeans. I can not get ours to spread even. It skips in the middle and then has a 3 ft wide heavy streak on each side with more being on the right. I wish they had the spreaders positioned like an 88 series and hydraulic driven. Any one ever get corn in their fan. I had to really close down the pre-sieve to keep corn out of fan (3rd notch) and that cut shoe capacity greatly. Just wondering what your experiences have been?

·
Registered
137 Posts
newto, do you have your spreaders stood up as straight as possible? In some conditions the spread pattern is less than desirable, there is a different deflector to replace the fingers under the spreader blades, don't think this would help in your case. From what I've seen you will have to run the presieve a little tighter than what the operator's manual suggests, 3rd notch sounds right. Do you have a 1 5/8 corn shoe sieve? It should give you enough capacity, whereas a 1 1/8 can be a limiting factor. Good luck

·
Registered
809 Posts
The only time I have had grain in the fan (filled it up) is when I have closed my sieves too much when I was first getting used to the machine. I run an 8010 and have found that running with the sieves (shoe and shaker) alot more open ( than the 23XX combines) easier and more forgiving. The first thing I learned about this combine is that it is not anything like the 23XX machine.

As far as the spreader goes:

1. There will be a narrow bare spot under the spreaders.

2. Is your chopper in high range?

3. Are your blades on the chopper engaged?

4. Did you speed up the hyd. spreaders?

5. Did you adjust the deflectors on the spreader?

6. You can bent down the metal rods under the spinners to make them spread more evenly.

7. Try speeding up or slowing down your rotor a little bit, this may help feed the left side of spreader.

Good luck and post back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also, are you overloading the right side of the sieve? Are your concaves shifted to the right side? Is the sieve level? Don't be afraid to open the sieves up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:newto, do you have your spreaders stood up as straight as possible? From what I've seen you will have to run the presieve a little tighter than what the operator's manual suggests, 3rd notch sounds right. Do you have a 1 5/8 corn shoe sieve? It should give you enough capacity, whereas a 1 1/8 can be a limiting factor. Good luck

Yes i have the spreader stood up as straight as possible. Yes i have 1 5/8 corn sieves and no it does not have enough shoe capacity with a 12 row head in high moisture corn.

hdryo100 "Also, are you overloading the right side of the sieve? Are your concaves shifted to the right side? Is the sieve level? Don't be afraid to open the sieves up."

The concaves are shifted to the rigth. Both the right and left side of sieve are overloaded. the sieve is level. The sieves are just tight enough to make clean corn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:The only time I have had grain in the fan (filled it up) is when I have closed my sieves too much when I was first getting used to the machine. I run an 8010 and have found that running with the sieves (shoe and shaker) alot more open ( than the 23XX combines) easier and more forgiving. The first thing I learned about this combine is that it is not anything like the 23XX machine.

As far as the spreader goes:

1. There will be a narrow bare spot under the spreaders.

2. Is your chopper in high range? YES

3. Are your blades on the chopper engaged? YES AND NO, TRIED BOTH

4. Did you speed up the hyd. spreaders? YES

5. Did you adjust the deflectors on the spreader? YES

6. You can bent down the metal rods under the spinners to make them spread more evenly. Tried that.

7. Try speeding up or slowing down your rotor a little bit, this may help feed the left side of spreader. I tried this had rotor anywhere between 450 and 700 rpm.

Good luck and post back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i had the same problem with the fan to, only if u stop to fast in heavy corn though! I think the fan needs to go 200rpm faster

·
Registered
619 Posts
Try this:
Remove one or two of the fingers under the spreaders, this will allow more material in the center and you will have no more bare spot.
Ask your dealer to install a material flow defector on the right side of the chopper pan. The drawing to make the part is on the Asist system with installation instructions. This will even the material flow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Try tilting your screens about 1.5 degrees so that when standing behing combine, the right hand side of the screens are about 1.5 to 2.5 inches higher than the left. All 7010 rice machines should be set at about 1.5 degree tilt, 8010's at about 2 degrees.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:i had the same problem with the fan to, only if u stop to fast in heavy corn though! I think the fan needs to go 200rpm faster

I ran my fan around 1000 rpm. How about you other guys? For you level landers you really have to watch going down hill you do not fill the fan with the corn. The biggest pain is getting it cleaned out. Also explaining to the elevator operator what happened if you did not catch it right away making a very dirty sample
There needs to be some access panels on the bottom of the fan housing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:Try tilting your screens about 1.5 degrees so that when standing behind combine, the right hand side of the screens are about 1.5 to 2.5 inches higher than the left. All 7010 rice machines should be set at about 1.5 degree tilt, 8010's at about 2 degrees.

It does no good to tilt your shoe (tried that) when both sides are loaded heavy. we did kill stalls and the center was always loaded less then the sides. there needs to be a way to get more in the middle of the shoe. When the corn gets dryer the corn levels out easier and it has more shoe capacity. Of course it also goes thru the sieves easier.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:Try this:
Remove one or two of the fingers under the spreaders, this will allow more material in the center and you will have no more bare spot.
Ask your dealer to install a material flow defector on the right side of the chopper pan. The drawing to make the part is on the Asist system with installation instructions. This will even the material flow.

Sounds good. How do you get the shoe loss into the spreader to get it spread 30 ft?
Not that you want to have any, but it happens.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
open your seives wide open clean the grain with the rotor be sure to use a roundbar concave in 2nd right position. nobody pays a premium for clean corn

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Except the pre-cleaner. LOL I know more dirt means more weight but there is a limit. Some guys want clean corn to feed their chickens or you do not do the job. Do you run roundbars for soybeans farmertony?

·
Registered
929 Posts
We had to do a little fiddling around with our spreaders to get them to work as good as I wanted but I think they work as good as our 2388 ever did. The main thing I noticed was that if it spread clumpy the spreader RPMs were to low. We fought A LOT of wind cutting beans this year and it worked very well.

How high moisture corn are you talking and at what ground speed, yield?

I have Kuchar grates in my 7010 and they work great.

The only time I had trouble with capacity was in one number that would snap the whole plant off and run it through the combine... and it was tall, had trouble with rotor loss over 4.5mph. Other wise I was running 6.5-7mph with an 8 row head and less then 3/4bpa loss.

We run a geringhoff head, and running nothing but ears into the combine will greatly add to capacity. The 22/2400 series heads are CIH's worst nightmare when it comes to combine capacity.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I did this year , in dry beans. I had a little more tailings but worked great other wise. I put a trap door in the bottom of my fan to clean it. I plug it every once and a while. I shut it off to quick in heavy corn, with 12 rows takes a while to clean her out.
when it was new the fan speed was messed up could go from 1150 back around to 300 by pushing the speed increase button had to clean it a few times on that one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts