The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me the capacity differance between the 7010 and the 8010 in wheat?

·
Registered
43 Posts
depends on which scenario, older ('05 models and earlier) 8010 compared to a 7010, no difference in performance. any 8010 after an '06 model there should be at least a 15% to 20% increase in capacity. HP makes the difference.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Not sure in wheat but I think the other poster is correct about the older ones.

We have an 07' 7010 and our neighbor has an 03' 8010. We have the Small Tube Rotor and in tough green stem beans our 7010 is about 15-20% more then the 8010. I would guess they are about equal if both are equipped the same way.

·
Registered
380 Posts
bleedred?? In EC Iowa I would guess u farm a lot of corn and beans? How do you get along with the rice rotor in heavy yielding corn crops. Compared to an afx rotor.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Openraider

Yes we are all corn and soybeans. IH contacted us when we ordered our 7010 last year and wanted to know if we would be interested in testing the Small Tube Rotor in a corn/bean machine. Since they have run it for several years in rice machines we figured it would be worth a shot.

It was fantastic in beans... I would say it probably added 20-25% capactity. Its hard to compare in corn because we never ran afx rotor in corn. But I would say that it might a little more finicky to set in corn but once we got on to it we were very happy with performance and loss. Not sure if it was the rotor either... most of it could have just been us learning how to run a new combine.

Overall we are very glad we got it... if it is at least as good in corn its much better in beans, and that makes it well worth it to us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts