The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the Case IH 7010 compare to the Deere 9760sts with the bullet rotor. We had been running a 2388 with an afx rotor for 5 years and when our neighbor got a 9760 he told us we had no clue what a rotor was. I know we were still lapping him in the field, how is it going to compare now after we got a 7010?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would say that you have the possiblity of more capacity/day. But it depends on your field managment. I've seen 12 row combines that seem to be always at the wrong end of the field full of grain waiting for trucks or the auger wagon.
In a flat field with dry harvest conditions the 9760 will be very productive, but it's no secret the Deere's lack sieve capacity and hillside leveling in high yielding corn.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a new 7010 on order. I considered a 9770sts. When I looked into the back of the Deere , I had to ask the salesman "where's the rest of it? The 7010 has much more cleaning area. I think the 7010 will out cut the 9770 big time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We ran a 7010 this summer and a 9660 sts. It wasn't even close. The 7010 blew it away. The jd rotor is far from perfect. I tend to trust the people who have been doing it for 30 years! John Deere always talked down rotors until the came up with one. Now it is great, imagine that. The bullet rotor is better than the 50 series rotor but the 7010 is a animal. The jd weight is not balanced and sinks like a rock in the front end. Plus it is a real fuel hog compared to the Iveco engines. I grew up with jd combines, but after running 2388's and now the 7010, it will take a lot to get me to go back to John Deere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you answered your own question. You were lapping him in the field. I have run 2388's for years and except for 80 plus B/A wheat I can perform with any 96/97 60 machine. My buddies always talk about their class 7's deeres compared to my 23's but when we run across the road from them I see no difference. I can't wait for my 7010! I run one Machinery Link 2388 and the field guys love the 2388's compared to the deeres based on the simplicity and service calls. They sometimes call me to see if I need anything because they haven't heard from us in so long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts