The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum. Looks like a lot of help here.
I am getting a lot of whitecaps in wheat. is there an insert that would help
in the concaves? Do have the small grain ones in. A neighbor is having major problems with this
with his 7010. Should the presieve be in the closed position? Lots of problems if you go by the book with this setting.
Also wondering about the finger timing on a 2020 head. Its new and after 100 acres all 32 fingers have broken off. Mechanic came out and adjusted and retimed and same thing happened. Auger chain also won't stay tightened because of this. Any ideas on how this should be done? Several fingers have gone through the combine and raised cane with the chopper blades. Warranty better cover this as the head has been nothing but trouble cause of the finger timing being off from the get go.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Case has a hard threshing kit 87748389 which covers the entire front module and the top of the cage. I don't know if they have just awning plates from case, but someone should. Most any company the rebuilds or sells aftermarket concaves will have some for you I would think.

The concept is that the cover doesn't allow the grain to fall through the first section of the concave -forcing the material to be threshed longer and hopefully knocking the grain completely out of the heads.

·
Registered
206 Posts
first thing to doe is slow down vanes in front (2 or 4 first ones) well the very first one is relay hard to access so the # 2,3,4,5 would be enough. if that does not help then look for DIA kits etc

·
Registered
51 Posts
The variety Glenn is really showing its troublesome threshing this year, so that may be part of the problem. As far as the kit, nothing more than an insert of 4" by 1/4 metal bolted into the concave channels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts