The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting numbers on trading my 2166 for a 7010 I demo'ed this fall. Before I make the deal what updates should I make sure the dealer has done? It got app. 85 hrs on it touring the neighborhood. Salesman is also checking on a new '08 price for me too. He told me about the new corn heads, sounds like good improvements going back to old snap rolls, etc.!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
let me rephrase my question & see if i get some replies. What problems did any of you have with a 7010 (in corn & beans) that I need to address with the dealer before I ink any deal on this '07 machine?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't know of any problems that were common to all 7010's.

For a combine that basically sat on the self, I think the demand for the 7010 model has surprised even CIH, I know it has surprised me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Take people's silence on the topic as a good omen. Ask about the engine software upgrade. I think they had a power update come out for the 7010s?

I don't know if you are getting a draper or a flex, but I would suggest making them have a tech there for the first couple hours to get the head set correctly.

We ordered one of the new 3412s and I can't wait to get it in the field to see how it does. I just wish they had a folding head out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tech
that grain saver is crap dribbles grain long after the auger is shut off
Gilly
We are very happy with 7010 and fd70 macdon 30 ft
Its a real wheat eater.Takes a little more setting up than a 2388 but the concaves are real easy to change and with the electric sieves also its not a big deal
The cab is great ,monitor fantastic, one small gripe is dust on windows , worse then 88` have heard of guys dragging a chain under combine to stop dust.is this true?
Chopper going good now that we know how to set it up
Going from 2388 to 7010 is about a 20% increase in capacity and no getting out fighting with the sieves
great machine as were the two 1460s,and the 2388

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kiwicropper I dont know about a 7010 but we ran 2 2166s alongside each other one with a chain and one without and the difference was amazing, on the one without you couldnt even see what colour it was. I have ordered a 7010 but Ill have to wait till october to know if it works as well on that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yes that is true about the grain saver is crap but they are coming out with a new style and bearing end cap to stop the dribbling

·
Super Moderator
4,250 Posts
Quote:that grain saver is crap dribbles grain long after the auger is shut off
Terrible set-up. Heard 08's are different and retro fit is possible to 07 CNH combines.
Not sure who's dime, but if it was me, it would be their's.

Don

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looking at the grain saver/end spout disaster on the 2007 7010/8010 machines. Wouldn't you like to hear the whole story....from concept, to design, to manufacture, to all the complaints.

·
Super Moderator
4,250 Posts
Quote:Looking at the grain saver/end spout disaster on the 2007 7010/8010 machines. Wouldn't you like to hear the whole story....from design, to manufacture, to all the complaints.
Also HewHolland CR/CX's
Makes one think "did they actually test this in the field"?
Gee boss, worked great on the computer screen!

Don

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies, any more are appreciated! Salesman wants to sell me a 35 ft. bean head, says a 30 ft. I'd have to drive too fast to keep the machine full?? I'm just getting a 8 row corn head, demoed with a 12 row. Worked awesome but i'd have to hire 2 more guys & buy more hauling rigs!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
And i thought i was losing grain over the seives till i noticed it was dribbling out the auger
Its hard enough sometimes to get grain in the combine ( weather , breakdowns) without the d**n stuff coming back out
Your right Don....who thought of concept???

·
Registered
929 Posts
The grain saver is a joke... we took it off and it was a lot better. Still had to shake the auger when you got done unloading but at least it didn't dribble all the way across the field. The red combine guy we worked with on the Small Tube rotor said it got changed becuase Deere complained about a paten infringement with the spring loaded flapper or something. CIH will be replacing all of those for us.

We didn't really have any trouble with our machine. The only thing that stopped us was the one time the shaker drive belt came off... think a piece of cob bounced in there. Otherwise we had a little trouble plugging the baffle between the air screen and the air fliter with little bits of leaf but our dealer found a little air leak and fixed that.

Other then that little stuff last harvest went as smooth as I can ever imagine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the responses so far. I'll keep everyone informed on my decision. Getting a price on a new Cat 570R also. I like the salesman, liked dealer service on their tractors, .... but... that Cat's threshing guts look pretty complicated compared to the red rotor. And it's looking like the final price will be 29,000 dollars higher for the kitty!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well shopping for a combine has been very stressful! The cat is out, too much money & i caught the salesman lying to me.Then to top it off the 7010 demo i was finalizing the deal with was sold out from under my salesman & I 20 minutes before I contacted my salesman.The C-IH blockman caught wind of what happened & is offering $6000 off of a new 7010 but i'm so pissed at Titan Machinery right now i'm going on vacation for a week and think about this. I know it's a sellers market right now but spending over $200,000 should be enjoyable not a pain in my as#@$%. I want a 7010 but thinking about a used Jd 9760 just to show how pissed i am! (biting my tongue). Sorry for venting my frustrations

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Whatever you do, don't let your emotion control your business. If you want to buy the JD, that's fine by me, but do it because you see it as better bang for the buck.

On the bright side, your dealer messing with you and causing a day of frustration saved you $6K on a 7010 if you decide to go that route. How many $ per hour is your frustration worth?

-Lance

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are so right that's why i'm gonna wait till after a vacation to look around and decide. Don't want to run my old machine another year but i want it to be a good experience to spend that kind of money. The day of the small time dealer is gone, that's too bad because you knew who you were dealing with. Maybe i'll just gamble my $$ in Vegas!! ha ha.... Not! Ok, just a little! The only ice I want to see is in my drink.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts