The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know details on the 7010? My dealer tells me they are coming out with a class 7 machine but not for another couple years? I don't understand this move... at all. We demo'd an 8010 this fall and its a fricking monster. Why build a 12row machine, when you don't even make a 24row (30'') planter? Would't it have made more sense to make a class 7 machine first? By jumping up 2 classes i would think they limited there market quite a bit. Even if its close in capacity to the 2388 w/ the afx rotor... the new machines have tons of improvements over the 23 series. The leveling seives would be wonderfull in my rolling hills! Just wondering what you guys think and or have heard.

jake

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think thats what my dealer thought. Really wish it was out for next season. Lots of guys in my area are pretty frustrated with Case not offering what they need. Saw a 7010 go by on a trailer when they were moving everything out the Grand Isand. :) Prolly about the only one they made!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw one of the original 7010's...with about 700 hrs on it. Just not enough increase over the 2388's with the AFX rotor. The 7010 will fit real nice against the 9760JD... even though we have new 2388's runnin side by side! The CVT drive is superb!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand that the capacity of the 2388 was increased with the afx rotor, but there are so many improvements on the new combines that i would like. I just don't understand it from a production stand point. They make a 2388 and 2377... there is almost zero difference in the two. A smaller grain tank which means nothing b/c we all put hopper toppers on anyway, and a little less hp which we can get back by cranking down the ananoid (or however you spell it). So those 2 are virtually the same thing. And then they make the 8010, and they make a 2200 series corn head, a 2400 series head, a 1020, a 2020.......... wouldn't it make more sense to make a 6010, 7010, and 8010... ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bleedred, where are you located? Have you ever considered adding a leveler to your combine, or is your ground not that steep?

I think part of the reason the 7010 has been slow to develop is that the capacity was not much greater than the 2388, but the price would have been. They are probably tweaking it to gain more capacity.

Brandon

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am located along I-80 east of Iowa City. We just have rolling hills here, a perfect fit for the leveling sieves.

I understand the capacity is close but in my opinion thats kinda a moot point. The 2388 is almost 10 yrs old with the afx rotor being the only big improvement. Its time to move on with more advanced technology. The rotor/header drive on the 8010 is truly awesome, along with many other improvements that would make it worth the money. Simply increasing the price of a 2388 is just making guys in my area mad. They go up 20k~ every year with no improvements! A new 2388 is priced about the same as the other brands for class 6 machines, but they aren't even comparable in technologys. I just think case is going to lose some customers in my area by not offering what guys want, and its gonna be hard to get em back... even with a superior product.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As I said in one of my earlier posts, you have to compare apples to apples. I've had a stock 04- 2388 AFX rotor, side by side with a 9760 in standing wheat for an extended period (not a 15 min demo!). I'm talking small grains in Canada, not corn and beans. You guys are the experts at that!

Remember though, you must compare combine productivity... not only ground speed, (any idiot can push the go stick). What's being left behind in the screen, what kind of sample in the tank? You have to throw a screen and catch "everything" that's coming out the back, (not just scratch the ground), clean it, weigh it and find out what the real cost per acre of running a combine is. I am constantly amazed at what some producers leave in the field and swear that they're "not throwin' anything over". In some crops and conditions, the 9760 will pull away a little, and so it should, with the hp advantage. But with the more positive rotor drive on the 04's and up, hp is the limiting factor on the 2388's and you can run them right on the edge. I'd still rather unplug a 23 than an STS anyday!

** p.s. I've been in a "slightly turned up" 2388 and it does stay beside the 9760 all day, every day! I wouldn't recommend doing that, but this one was out of warrenty and the customer did it on his own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.