The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the major internal differences was between a 7088 and a 7120. And why does case offer two class 7 combines? Is the 88 series going to be phased out soon?

·
Registered
657 Posts
7120 has selfleveling seive direct drive rotor not belts. capacity should be about the same 7088 just does not have as many features. kind of like a cadillac compared to chevy they will both do the same job but the chevy is just not as nice

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I don't think its going to be phased out soon...it will sure hard to be and maybe once they get the new platform perfected or change it to something as good as the old then we will see it..

I think getting rid of that junk re thresher system would be a big help

F

·
0 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, If your combine is set so bad that its acting as a seeder for you, your probably doing something wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, If your combine is set so bad that its acting as a seeder for you, your probably doing something wrong.
Thanks guys, this is a better fit than planting and seeding.

Don

·
Registered
257 Posts
Less Hp, no CVT rotor/header drive, smaller cleaning area/grain tank. The 7120 is basically a New Holland combine w/ a AFX rotor. The 7088 is a new size in the good 'ol IH style combine. I think the 7088 is proof that the 88 series isn't going anywhere. I think there is still a lot of demand for the 88 design & class 7 is the most popular size right now so it makes sense. I'd like to see a sales comparison.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pretty much everything new and red around here is an 88 series. That's probably due to price and the fact that the class 7 is as big as most of us can get. We'd love to farm in an area where we could keep the big girls full, but 15-20bu wheat just doesn't do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts