The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going through the field and there was a loud clunk, then I could not move forward but I could go in reverse. Drained some oil off there was no chuncks or shavings in it and smelled fine. Kept backing up to move it to a better place and it locked up. Any Ideas of what it could be.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We had a 2388 that the spider gears wore out the shafts they were running on. It was cutting soybeans one minute, and the next it was a paperweight in the middle of the field. We managed to tow it back to our farm shop but It locked into a posi-trac right as we were lining it up to pull it into the shop. We had to just brute force it to turn at that point.

Photograph Automotive tire White Light Black

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a 2388 that the spider gears wore out the shafts they were running on. It was cutting soybeans one minute, and the next it was a paperweight in the middle of the field. We managed to tow it back to our farm shop but It locked into a posi-trac right as we were lining it up to pull it into the shop. We had to just brute force it to turn at that point. View attachment 165441
Preety tough to change or fix it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
We found a donor 2388 that had caught it's engine bay on fire and the transmission was still good. I wasn't there when they swapped them, but my understanding was we just used a jack to drop out the bad and lift up the good. It took us a day to get the replacement but it only took a few hours to swap them out in our shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts