The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been running rotor in first gear for corn and went to beans in 2 gear. jumps out of gear after 299 feet. done this 4 times. happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
66 Posts
If your combine is an early production unit it needs the shifting cam update for the rotor gearbox. You can put vice grips on both sides of the shifting handle to hold it in gear to get by until then.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
We have had this happen to our 2588 about 4 times since new, usually right after you change gears. Maybe put it in gear and rev it up and down a few times to get it to set in.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah there's a service bulletin now.... just tried beans with the 6088 yesterday and same d**n thing... jumped out a few times... finally got it to stay....good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wiped the gearbox out on the 6088 a few weeks ago on soybeans. Found out about the service bulletin after the fact. Had to replace with a whole new gearbox since parts are in short supply. Plan is to switch out again when they get the correct updates on our old one. So much for buying new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our gearbox would not go into 3rd and would jump out of 2nd. Parts for the update were in short supply. The dealer ended up replacing the entire gearbox. It took some time on the phone but we didn't pay the bill.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
That's also a known issue. Main combine mechanic at my dealer mentioned that the other day. Seems the 5/6/7088 had the spreaders moved back and down from where the material comes out the back of the machine. Thus there is some trash that will fall straight down without ever being put on the spreaders. They fabricated a new triangle piece of sheet metal that is longer than the factory one that sits between the spreaders.

-Lance

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Ah that's fine I just changed the spreaders around and no more pile.....here I thought finally wouldn't have to do that thanks to not pileing on rear axle....and then this happens....

Oh well atleast its fixable. I like this machine and hate the hydro handle. The 2162 draper is awesome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is a problem that goes back to the 2588s. As I understand it a couple years ago Case switched gearbox suppliers and the problems began. We have experienced it on both our 2588 and 6088. Sometime in the winter they changed again. I'm not sure if they went back to the original supplier or not. Don't settle for a update kit. We had that on our 2588 and it didn't work. Demand a new gear box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How long with the rubber side shields last that are on the sides of the spreaders? They seems to take a constant hit with the spreaders, looks like a short life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts