The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just demo'd a 2010 7088. We run a 9760 with a 36 ft head. The 7088 only had a 30 ft head with it. How does the capacity stack up? We didn't get a really good feel for it. With a 30 ft head, the 7088 could go 6-6.5 mph. Our 9760 with 36 ft was going 5.3. We were cutting 50 bu wheat and pushing both machines hard. It seemed that the 7088 was a little lacking in power compared to the 9760. I think the JD has 340 HP compared to 325 for the 7088. We were concerned that, should we buy the Case and put a 36 ft head on it that we would experience a significant lack of power compared to our current machine. Has anyone made a switch like this lately?

·
Registered
809 Posts
By my math. If the 7088 was going 6.325 mph then both machines were doing the same acres/hour.
From my memory if the 7088 had a Pro600 monitor in it I don't think it gives acres/hour but will give you both wet and dry bu/hour.
So, how did the 7088 do anyway? Nice cab? Do a nice job? What header was on it?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did have a pro 600 but the salesman didn't know how to operate it and I didn't bother to mess with it. The cab was nice, but no nicer than the JD. I think it was a little smaller too. It seemed to me that it was louder, however I think that it was due to the header. The true shame of the thing was that the only grain header they had to demo it with was an old, old Case draper that had been absolutely beat to pieces! The thing clattered and banged and screeched and in general did a terrible job. The suspension was so sloppy that any bump slammed it into the ground. Too bad, with a decent header we could have gotten a lot better feel for the machine. All in all, it was a combine, it would do the job fine. But it didn't blow me away either. I figure it's a draw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts