The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low fuel light came on, but got to fuel it up before it ran out. I shut it off to fuel it. Now when I try to start it, it just cranks & doesn't fire. It was running when I stopped it, so I'm quite sure it never ran out of fuel. I changed the fuel filter & the old one was full of fuel. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Have you figured it out Don? I would treat it like it did run out of fuel if it wouldn't fire up. Purge your fuel filter with the hand pump and bleed screw ,then bleed the injector lines while someone is cranking it.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
No hand pump on those. Look in book for procedure on purging the fuel system. Involves cycling the on for a period before cranking it. Takes forever, real pain in the ass. Put the freaking hand pump back on, please.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
You would really rather go to all the work of screwing around with a hand pump instead of siting in the the seat for 60 seconds and then turning the key!?!?!? :eek: Self priming has to be the best thing since sliced bread! :D
Yes. At least when I am pumping in the engine compartment I have some idea of what is occurring by the pressure on the hand pump and listening to the system priming.

Put both on as far as I am concerned. If the self prime works right away, great. But at least you have the hand pump for times it takes forever for the self prime to purge.

Just my opinion, but hey, I don't mind getting dirty...:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
You would really rather go to all the work of screwing around with a hand pump instead of siting in the the seat for 60 seconds and then turning the key!?!?!? :eek: Self priming has to be the best thing since sliced bread! :D
Ya, if it works. When it takes an hour to get a machine running because the self priming doesn't work, it sure would be nice to open a bleed screw and pump a primer for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys
I was able to get it running again but it took most of the day. I tried everything i could think of and nothing would work,I phoned the case dealer and tried everything he suggested and it would not start. Finely the case dealer sent one of there techs out and he tried most of the things I did and he hooked up his computer and it showed nothing was wrong still it would not start. So before the case tech leaves he calls his boss at the dealer and he suggested banging on the fuel pump with a rubber mallet while I was in the cab turning the engine over and it started right up! Apparently there are some ceramic parts inside the fuel pump that get stuck and the hammer gets them moving again. The tech suggested using a fuel conditioner in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.