The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just received a new 7088 to use for this year and we get a 9120 next year. We have a 8010 (06) with major upgrades every year since new that we will use along with the new 7088. Anybody have any experience with the 7088 as far as operation and settings go on wheat, barley and canola. It doesn't have the Pro 600 just the T-post monitor. It does have a small tube rotor so hopefully we can bale straw behind it. we will start combining in 7-10 days, but i doubt it will come close to the 8010 (love it).

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
talk with maxie on the board, he has a chip for you, or pm myself.... after chipping my 06 2388 it would hang with a 06 8010 all day, every day in 50 bu wheat with the same header, where the difference was, was in feeder house issues, but with a good operator, and 400hp, the cummins can hold their ground well with a 20 percent fuel savings, maybe also buy the HD rotor belt, you will be impressed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 09 7088 with a hillco leveler that we run on 45% + slopes in eastern Washington. It needs a little more power but what combine doesn't. All in all it is great, love it we can climb most any hill in 2 wheel drive and have only used 4 wheel twice. the combine has run excellent , had problems with the flex header but its running now. There are a few 7088 out here that they are having problems with (power) but no answers yet. Mine is running better than the 2588 we had last year. Setting, concaves tight, top sieve 12 on the a post, front closed two a 1/4 and back open 5/8 two 3/4, lower open two 7 on the a post. rotor speed 750 and fan wide open that in 90 + wheat. It seems to not throw any over the back and our sample is great (no dock!) Hope this helps good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we just started with 7088 in barley which is still tough. A few questions though if someone has answers. When dropping straw for baling do you leave the chaff spreaders on, should chopper be in high or low speed? Sure wish this combine had the pro 600. The rear ladder is scary!! hard to pull down initially then drops real fast and heavy and then hard to get back up..I am not as young as I use to be!! Could they have not designed a spring or shock on this ladder!! Otherwise it seems to run fine just a baby 8010!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well day 2 with 7088 in barley, not great crop, 70 bu/ac, dry and medium straw. It's sure not the 8010 but here are my comments. It handles 30 straight good up to its power point, from 3.8-5 mph. You can run it to 110% at 2400 rpm then a slight push and then it seems to power out, chimes, alarms and your immediately down to 2100 rpm and its a big slow wait to get the power back, sure different power curve than the 8010 where you can really lug it. The short feederhouse feeds well but a bit hard to see from cab. Is leaving straw for baler people except they have new green balers and are not too happy (a red baler would do fine!!). Poor straw spreading though with one set of knives in cutter.Cabs a bit noisy and small. Real hard to shift gears. Unloads about 3 bu/sec but still dribbles after shutting off (8010 does too). Kinda weird that the steering wheel is ofset about 2" to left of seat!! The rear ladder is going to provide a concusion for someone soon, we have bungee cords on this one but still scary. Amazingly 12 hours now on this new machine and there were no oil leaks or bolts fell out!!! Otherwise its ok so far but I can hardly wait to jump into the 8010 and do some real kernel separation!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
lets say i wanted to chip a 6088 to make it have as much hp as a 7088...

how much would that chip cost and can i just take it off at the end of the year? does it snap into a socket or what... you got any pic's for those of us who don't have a clue.. haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About chip...does it void warranty? After 4 days with 7088 and the 8010...the 7088 doesn't even come close to the 8010. 90 bu/ac dry bly-7088 does about 4-5.2 mph...8010 see ya later-5.5-7 mph!!! The 7088 does need a chip or something. Its ok for its size I guess but no comparison.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts