The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what most of the rice guys find to be the most productive settings under normal conditions. Lets say long grain, 15% standing rice. And does it vary much from variety to variety.

i.e. - fan speed, rotor speed, concave, module configuration, screens, vanes etc.

And what kind of ground speed is acceptable running 30ft macdons.

·
Registered
120 Posts
750 rotor 1000 fan 15/8 top screen set on 18 11/8 bottom screen set on 12 vanes in middle position concaves set on 7 large wire and skip wire modules these are the settings I'm running on my 8010s they have the st rotor one has a 30 ft 2020 run it myself can usual run 3 to 4 mph other machine has a 36 ft Mac don its runs slower not sure the speed I would say 3 mph veriey is cl 131 and 161 what we cut today was 17% moisture ground conditions we pretty soft cutting ruts about 12 in deep

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We been running our rotor around 800-850, fan 980, pre-sieve in 4, top screen 17, bottom 12, vanes middle, concave 10,

cut wells today 16% between 3-3 1/2 mph, any faster and we lose it out the back. 30ft macdons.

If its is really dry, been salted, we can run up over 4mph.

We have a hard time cleaning the sample up sometimes without overloading the returns, or throwing it over the screens. May need to run our rotor slower to keep more of the trash off the screens.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have never run a 70 size machine to compare to the 80s but the big headers put a hard load on the 80s are you 11/8 or 15/8 bottom screens my combine has 11/8 and it always seems to have a better sample than our other machine with the 15/8 just seems to make the air blast work right we run a good bit of corn also and that's where the 15/8 shines the 11/8 plugs with cobs and overloads the tailings

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have the 1 5/8.

On our first four 7010s we had 25ft macdons, and always said power we not an issue with the combine. In rice and beans many times the limiting factor was haw fast the sickle could cut the crop.

Now that we have 7120s and 30 ft macdons, power is still not the issue, but rather it it separating and cleaning the extra 20% of rice that is coming in due to the larger header. That is our limiting factor. Does that sound right?

I'm not complaining, we are still getting 3-3.5mph in good standing salted rice, (may be different story when this rain is over 9" so far).

I just want to pick the brains on here to see if you guys think we have em set about right, or maybe help us balance max ground speed vs. clean sample vs. throwing out the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts