The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new 7120 and my neighbor has a 7010. We are having straw spreading problems. Two windrows about 4ft hide on both left and right of the swath.Not much straw in center. During the prime cutting of the day , the pattern is worst.Near evening the spread pattern is better but chop is terrible. We both have 35 ft drapers,Fine cut choppers.Deflectors to move the straw to the center when leaving the chopper and I have removed the short fingers.Which help a little on getting more straw to the center. We are cutting barley thats yielding around 100 bpa. The pattern is making it nearly impossible to get a good stand of no-till beans.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had similar problems to you in high yielding wheat. In tough straw I don't think the case system will do what you want. I put a redekop chopper on for this year, haven't got to use it yet, a couple more days the wheat will be ready. We also were having trouble getting a good stand of double crop beans. Residue wasn't sized right and not evenly distributed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is a new adjustable deflector for the right side between rotor and chopper. It could be on the 20 series, have to put it on my 10. How fast can you go with the draper in the 100 bu barley? I have a new flex in the shed for sbeans, something else to learn how to run.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran yesterday. I replaced the fingers and turned the speed on the spreaders to 780 rpms . The pattern was perfect. I wish I tried that Saturday. (I was running 400 on the spreaders ).I was running 3mph yesterday, 14.5 moisture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mike216, You have to set three thing on the spreader. First is to set the distance of the fingers (or plate on newer versions) to the spreader rotors. The closer you set it, the wider it spreads. secocnd thing is to move both finger/plate skids forward or backwards (related to driving direction). If you move these further forward, the more material will be left in the center, the more you move it backwards, more material will be thrown to the sides. Actually this setting not many people knows about and creates a lot of troubles. There is one bolt hidden between both finger/plate skids and is easy to reach. Third thing is the speed of the spreaders. I am sure with proper above mentioned finger/plate skids setting you will be able to spread 35ft easily with max 600rpm. The CIH spreader spreads very good, just needs to be set properly, thats all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks y9g for the information about adjusting the finger/ plate skids. Didn't know the adjustment was there. Needed a little more straw in the center in some conditions. Pattern wasn't bad though. May need to fine tune when doing soybeans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
next year ou can order a DIA kit to adjust these skids from cab on the go... nice feature to solve side wind troubles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts