The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everyone like running everything through the Pro 600. Currently have a 2388 and a 7088 and looking to trade to 2 7120's next yr. I really like the idea of the floating sieves, hydro rotor, and grain pan. I am a little scared of running everything through 1 monitor.

Is it worth the extra $ to go to the 7120 or just stick with the 7088's?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
i had a 06 2388 prior to this years 7120, i tell you what i like so far, the deslug fuction is the best option on the new combine, next is the active grain pan, real grain saver, also seive adjustment from the cab is sweet, like the larger cab, and how quiet it is, also knowing engine perrameters are cool for trouble shooting

now what i do not, still have not found if the pro 600 will show your ac/hr instant numbers, and if it has bu/hr, cannot find it anywhere, propusion lever acts up every so often, and is very touchy compared to the 2388

i also find the button gear selctor to be more troubblesome over older system, hydro does not seam as strong, and over all engine power could be better, my chipped 2388 would of hung on better in slugs, over all still wondering if i did the right move...

·
Registered
560 Posts
ac/hr is called Work Rate, and you can view instant or average.

bu/hr is called Flow-bu. You can view wet, dry, instant, or average. (You can also view Flow-lbs)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
thanks torn, what about how many bu are in your hopper, been in jd where they twll you how many bu are in the hopper, where do we find this

·
Registered
809 Posts
Bussard you can recalibrate the propulsion lever but you have to remember you are just flying by wire......the handle is really not moving a cable connected to the hydro system.....so if you move it too fast from forward to reverse it can get lost and I've had that happen where you have to go back to neutral to get the system working again.
In fact its amazing what you can calibrate on your combine. Have you done a calibration of the feeder with your header on? After you do this you can re-engage the feeder/header at full engine rpm's and the thing starts up great. The problem is.......I haven't looked at the inside of a combine for about a year and I can't remember how to do it to walk you thru the process.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can set separate Day and Night Backlight settings. This is tied to your vehicle lights, so if your lights are on, you're in Night mode.

Toolbox > Display.

·
Registered
809 Posts
farmerjones, in my case the self leveling sieve completes the combine. We run rolling ground and before this combine if we didn't slow way down on the hill sides we ran corn over the lower side of the sieves.

I wish CIH did give us placement options for the pro600 monitor. In corn I usually don't mind it where it's at, in soybeans the thing is always in the way and at night it's worse, I sometimes cover it up to give my eyes a rest. I'd like to see a longer harness and a ram mount system on it so we could place it where WE want.
Power wise. I wish it had another 50 hp but if it did would that be enough?
I know my 8010 loves fuel but it sure puts the bu/hr out.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I just want the pro 600 where the old greyscale is...and wow I never knew how terrible the pro 600 is....give me a break....8 seconds or less and ur brightnessis changed and its kinda hard to see for an hour in the day...a lot better than the greyscale..

atleast our data is very accurate at the end of the year...my neighbor and uncle wish's there greenstar data was that close...sure makes life easier when crop insurance comes around..

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
i have been running with a few 9860s and in the hiils they throw over like a pig and the case does not, only reason i can see is the active grain pan, i am running faster with a bigger header as well,

·
Registered
560 Posts
you can start a new Task every time you empty the bin, and then just watch the bu wet/dry counters. Or use the Bushel Counter, which you can reset whenever you want, independent of Tasks, Fields, etc.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah....I really didn't mind where the greyscale one was....I wish I could get this back to that spot....I really hate ram mount...the d**n thing barely holds a pda phone and its supposed to support this huge lcd screen?????

·
Registered
809 Posts
casefarmer, I've run an AgLeader Insight with a ram mount and the pro600 in a tractor with a ram mount. I have not had any problems getting the mount to hold either unit in place and where I want it. Ram mounts come in different sizes, sounds like you need a bigger one. :~)

·
Registered
117 Posts
farmer jones if the shaker is getting behind you can move the spring for the tightener on the shaker belt located on the left side to the top hole which will put more tension on the belt this will help a lot it should be part of pre delivery because they are shipped in the bottom hole. If your yield info is off it needs to be calibrated correctly (low flow, med flow, high flow) etc... the pro 600 is very accurate and if yours is off get a tech out there that knows what in the heck he`s doing and set it right

·
Registered
809 Posts
Actually if you're mapping the yields the pan/sieve system is not the most acurate in hills. The pan/sieve tends to allow grain to set on the front pan when going down the hill and as you level off and travel up the next hill the pan dumps the grain and you have yield that should have been recorded traveling down the hill recorded as yield when you travel up the hill. The way around this would be to go to an auger bed under the concaves.

·
Registered
117 Posts
we got hills here too fj , heavy yielding corn going down a C slope with high moisture will do just what you`re talking about I tightened the belt run the presieve at 3 notches down from the top problem solved here. I`m just trying to help ya there pal, good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts