The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 7120 unloading auger will sometimes swing back by itself. It usually happens after swinging it back a bit (say while unloading), though sometimes just the unloading auger shaking the combine is enough to start it moving. I can hold it out with the button, and it moves easily back forward, so maybe it's jut leaking across the valve a little bit. We initially thought the problem was electrical, but we get good action on the solenoids, and the diagnostics display is giving us a good reading on switch position, so it's not in the switch. I can reproduce the problem here in the yard. It seems to not do it right away when the combine is cold, but after things warm up a bit it starts acting up. So I think it has to be in the valve.

Has anyone seen this before? Can I rebuild the valve, or should I just buy a new one?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
No idea either. If it was me I would remove it and reseal the ram. If any seals are cut you should see that upon dismantling. If not...reseal it anyways and then go to the valves. That's how I would do it..."here".

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I parked on a hill and played with things. The ram itself isn't leaking internally. And the auger doesn't creep back all the time. Just after you manipulate it a bit. And while it's creeping in, I shut off the combine (again, on the side of a hill so gravity is tugging on it), and as soon as the engine dies, the creeping stops. In fact you can hear the oil flowing, and then it stops and the movement stops. That sound like the valve block? I might do some more tests and have someone listen down closer to it. I have a new block to stick on, but it's a bit expensive just to try, though I'm 90% certain the problem is in the valve.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I was wrong. It's not the control valve. We've now noticed on the level when it's creeping back in you can shut the machine right off, and then you can from the top of the truck push on it and it moves. Except when it's not creeping, you can't. So it looks to me like the problem has to be in the check valve thing up on the cylinder itself. My understanding is that it's a lock that locks the cylinder when no pressure is applied to either line.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We replaced the little valve on the cylinder itself, and the problem is now resolved. Replacing the solenoid valve did make things a little bit better, so maybe there was a problem in there as well, But the main creeping issue was in the little lock valve thing up on the cylinder. At least it appears that way. We've only had maybe 4 or 5 days or combining conditions in the last few weeks, but it's holding solid so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts