The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems setting this beast in canola. Sieve loss is small but rotor loss is excessive. Tryed rotor speed from 340-700, concave 3 to 23. Anybody have suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We spread the chaff, nd open the back door, and caught the rotor windrow in a 1by2ft pan. We,ve never had rotor loss with our 2388,s . This is a small tube rotor, I'm wondering if thats the difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my sweet settings for dry canola on 8010. 660 rotor,9.2 concave, 740 fan, 11 top sieve, 6 bottom, 2nd notch pre-sieve. 6-7 mph on 50 bu/acre canola.

·
Registered
113 Posts
well i set our 9120 like this: concave 40, rotor 1050, fan 750, precleaner closed, top sieve 17 bottom 14. but we switched concaves around which made a big difference. put large wire or slotted concaves in the front on both sides, then smallwire behind them, and back to largewire in the back 2 sections, because most of the thrashing is done in the feederhouse

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well this is some canola harvest with 7010 ST rotor:

Hope it will help

P.S Concave settings:
L R
SW SW
LW SW
RB RB
Sloted Sloted

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi
Would like to get back to this subject. Actually canola seatings was causing for us a biggest trouble so far. In canola we used to get the biggest losses. To be honest other combines (NH CX ) are leaving some thing like 2% on field as well. We harvesting 3-5t/h (depends on the season). More ideas on the subject more possibilities. So lets share experience

1 - 9 of 9 Posts