The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the elevator/bubble up on the 7120 is the same as the 8120, if so, i'm pretty sure that that system in high speed is rated 6000 bu/hr.

·
Registered
18 Posts
10-4 6000 in high but when would you need that much, most still run them in low and dont overload even with 12 rows, less grain damage in low also

·
Registered
37 Posts
The spec. of the slow down kit are that the higher of the 2 speeds is a 15% reduction from factory, and the slower is a 25% reduction, so high would theoretically be 5100 bu/hr, and low would be 4500 bu/hr. From my personal experience with a 7120, even in good corn, one should be just fine running in the low speed on the elevator.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree. With the narrow shoe machine (7120 or NH CR9040/9060) one is going to be limited by shoe losses before you begin to approach the limit of the clean grain system.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the information. I'm going to switch mine to low range. 3000 BPH is about the max for the shoe.19-20% corn.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree, I ran one yesterday, and 3,000 is about all i could get out of it before it started running out the back, was also approaching the limits of hp when unloading on the go. It may be a different story if you could get the corn down into the 16-17 range, its amazing how much difference there is.

·
Registered
591 Posts
A 7010 will only do 3000/hrs???? I was doing 1800/hr with my 1660 with nothing coming out the back in 18% corn. I believe I could have topped 2000/hr if my hydro would go faster or I had bigger than a 4 row head. I would have thought a 7010 is more than twice the combine that a 1660 is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On three different 7120 this year I installed a rubber flap on the top sieve, this made more air go through sieve. THe air was going out the very back were those wires are,now my sieve has came back to life. The grain loss will drop,also there will be less tailings.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Skyhawk, where on the top sieve do you install the flap?When I power kill and look inside the top sieve is clean on the rightside and 2/3 across. The left 1/3 is MOG.Power hasn't been a problem in corn or soybeans as long as I keep clean fuel filters.Changing every 100hrs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mike you can put a 2 or 3 degree slope in the sieves to keep the mog moving to the left. I think the setting is under toolbox. I wll have to look. Combine sitting in the field waiting for the beans to get under 15%. 16 last night hope to get going this afternoon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mike216 The flap hangs down from the silver bar that those wires are attached to. I make it the width of the sieve and 10 inches long,you have to cut notches for the sieve adjusting levers.I attach the flap with 3/4'' self tapping screws. This flap really helps in low spots were the sieve loads up momentarily and throws grain.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Skyhawk, I checked my 7120 yesterday, it has a flap about 10" long attached to the finger bar. Are you attaching a second flap?It had cobs lodged under it on the left side, maybe that explains the MOG on the left of the top sieve during the power kill check.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mike someone must have installed the flap cause that not factory.there is a smaller flap in there but not attached to that silver bar.I don't think it would affect the mog on the left. This a different subject,we have raised feeder floors and stone trap sumps up on all 20 sieries,does it ever improve the feeding,I wish they had never moved down, those engneers always have to mess with something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dap54, Yes you can manually adjust the degree of slope on your sieves, I think its in the toolbox like you said but im not sure. I believe that is the proper adjustment to do if your having problems with more mog being on one side of your sieve than the other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts