The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 3 fault codes in my 7120. Rear axle sensor E-0286-05 line disconnected. NAV-41 pressure sensor voltage high. NAV-40 steering sensor voltage low. There is a small sensor in the steering ram on the left side, is this the sensor that would be called the rear axle sensor.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Pretty sure that's the steering position sensor.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could the steering sensor be causing all 3 codes. All was well then started it this afternoon and the codes appeared.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Could the steering sensor be causing all 3 codes. All was well then started it this afternoon and the codes appeared.
Probably one problem. Never know, it may work tomorrow!

I had 2 boom sections that would not turn off on my sprayer yesterday, so I parked it. Went to look at it today with test light and everything works perfect???

Electronics are crazy sometimes...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
In the diagnostics area of the monitor you should be able to read raw voltage values from the steering sensor. As you move the steering wheel you should be able to see the voltage move from some low value to a high value consistently (though not sure what the nominal range should be). If you don't see this voltage change then it's probably a bad sensor (just an expensive potentiometer).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks torriem. I checked the diagnostics screen and when it is not working it shows 0 volts at any wheel position. Very intermittent operation. I wiggled all the connections and harness and could not get the problem to appear. Thinking it must be the sensor. Sensor not serviced, need to buy complete cylinder, 1900.00 bucks !!!! WTF.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Sensor not serviced, need to buy complete cylinder, 1900.00 bucks !!!!
RME? I just had 2 reel motors start leaking on my CaseIH swathers today, service guy says can't replace seal...replace motor....$1000! Found one on E-bay for $250.:rolleyes: Shop around, New Holland dealer can order those parts too. Neighbor broke a knife the other day $1500 at RME and $800 at JD dealer. I am seeing a pattern.....

·
Registered
720 Posts
BIL had the same problem with that potentiometer ,new ram fixed it. As said not serviced

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am told a Trimble wheel position sensor can solve that issue without cylinder replacement.
Tech told us to keep the Trimble sensor when we traded for that reason. He thought a fair bet we would need it eventually.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You could also trace your steering cylinder wires might find a break. Would be above the chopper bearing frame.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry can't help with how it works. On our 2388 it was mounted on top of the king pin and moved with the wheel.Has a couple of wires connecting that are a bit of a pain to keep out of harms way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have taken a couple of photos . Will need to find the instruction manual to post them here.If you can send me a private message with your email I can send direct to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on a 7120, found that it was a blown fuse, fuse number 47, combine control module (precision farming).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts